Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I'm interested in the discussion of both soy and corn

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • I don't know yet, interested to see what others say

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Explain in a post below)

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
The millions and millions of animals fed GMOs and soy products for human consumption would refute the claims of poor health and growth the articles you featured.
Thats why research is important, because animals can't talk. Its interesting to see others opinions on the topic, since the topic can go either way. :)

The millions and millions of animals fed GMOs and soy products for human consumption would refute the claims of poor health and growth the articles you featured.
The cancer rates skyrocketing are enough to make me be careful, proven or not. I KNOW natural products w no chemicals won’t hurt me. We eat Whole Foods, locally sourced meat that is free-ranged and grass-fed, and no GMOs. I’d prefer to be safe. In Europe feom what I understand, all products containing GMOs are labeled. In the US, companies have to pay to be labeled NON GMO. Seems backward to me. We should have a right to be able to know what we eat & choose what we want to put in our bodies (or the bodies of our animals).

The cancer rates skyrocketing are enough to make me be careful, proven or not. I KNOW natural products w no chemicals won’t hurt me. We eat Whole Foods, locally sourced meat that is free-ranged and grass-fed, and no GMOs. I’d prefer to be safe. In Europe feom what I understand, all products containing GMOs are labeled. In the US, companies have to pay to be labeled NON GMO. Seems backward to me. We should have a right to be able to know what we eat & choose what we want to put in our bodies (or the bodies of our animals).
This ^^
Here is an article about Roundup causing cancer in dogs- https://www.pintas.com/lung-cancer/can-roundup-cause-cancer-in-dogs/
I'm sure it has the same affect on chickens, and other animals. Like the articles I listed in my first post, soy is sprayed by, and exposed to RoundUp, so theres a chance you end up consuming it in GMO foods.

I am unafraid of GMO products. GMO crops help feed people who otherwise face the risk of repeated famine.

There is a lot of scaremongering out there -- most of which comes from people with a vested interest in making money by selling alternatives.

I'm not going to get into a debate, but IMO, affordable, abundant food is a good thing overall. :)

I am unafraid of GMO products. GMO crops help feed people who otherwise face the risk of repeated famine.

There is a lot of scaremongering out there -- most of which comes from people with a vested interest in making money by selling alternatives.

I'm not going to get into a debate, but IMO, affordable, abundant food is a good thing overall. :)
I agree with some parts of that. GMO seeds cannot be saved and reused. Teaching people to save seeds would provide decades of food. There are definitely pros & cons. I just think we should be provided the knowledge so we can make our own choice instead of having to wonder.

Teaching people to save seeds would provide decades of food.

Traditional farmers already know how to save seeds. The problem is that their varieties are usually greatly-inferior in yield.

Hobby gardeners in wealthy areas can afford to grow boutique heirlooms that produce half the produce of a modern hybrid -- and I'm one of those who can't resist another quirky tomato because unique flavors and colors are great fun.

But there are many parts of the world where starvation is real and the high-yield hybrids and the GMO-enhanced disease and pest resistance can be a matter of life and death.

Additionally, scaremongering costs these farmers the ability to earn cash as well as feed themselves by limiting the market for their crop surpluses -- keeping them mired in poverty when they might have prospered. :(

This ^^
Here is an article about Roundup causing cancer in dogs- https://www.pintas.com/lung-cancer/can-roundup-cause-cancer-in-dogs/
I'm sure it has the same affect on chickens, and other animals. Like the articles I listed in my first post, soy is sprayed by, and exposed to RoundUp, so theres a chance you end up consuming it in GMO foods.

I'm sorry that is not an article with any credence it is Ambulance Chasing by a lawyer trying to line their pockets.

I see no harm in GMOs but pesticide consumption, its runoff, and leakage in our aquifers for future generations is a concern. We need more research into the harmful effects of pesticides, but that doesnt help sell chemicals, grow crops, or feed people so I dont see as much research being done as needed :/

I see no harm in GMOs but pesticide consumption, its runoff, and leakage in our aquifers for future generations is a concern. We need more research into the harmful effects of pesticides, but that doesnt help sell chemicals, grow crops, or feed people so I dont see as much research being done as needed :/
This is the point I'm trying to get at. GMO crops are often sprayed with pesticides.
Like the article claims about RoundUp being sprayed on plants.
I have not done any research on GMOs impacting animals, but the pesticides that are used in their farming are what I believe is harmful.

This is the point I'm trying to get at. GMO crops are often sprayed with pesticides.
Like the article claims about RoundUp being sprayed on plants.
I have not done any research on GMOs impacting animals, but the pesticides that are used in their farming are what I believe is harmful.
I agree, pesticides are sprayed on just about any crop GMO or not, unless its verified organic.

Just a practice our cultural needs to shift to is finding alternatives to large amounts of pesticide usage, but until we have an alternative route and even then unless the farmers are forced to use less pesticides by the government or given subsidies to make up for the lost profits then I dont see the usage being lowered anytime soon. Just my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom