Goat in Labor!!!

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
So it's official they day is finally here, on the exact day expected! My nubian goat Bessy is in labor, she is very uncomfortable. She'll stand, sit and the lay..repeat! She has creamy slime leaking, and huge utters! This is my first experience with this and I'm so nervous and excited! We think she is have atleast twins, if not triplets. I'll keep you posted and add pics as soon as I can!

Last edited:
Hope everything went well and I can't wait to see pic of the newborn
caf.gif

Well Momma goat had a rough 2 days of Labor. She had triplets after a few complications. Her first came out very easily, a little doeling and then she didn't have anymore. I thought maybe she would only have one, which didn't make sense because she was so huge. So we wait, but we never saw a placenta and she acted like she is still in labor, still pushing alot. The next day, I called the vet and we could never get a hold of him and so I called a nieghbor who is a sheep farmer, and he came over and pulled 2 more kids from her. The first he pulled was a huge still born buckling, and out came the 3rd very easily after that, which was alive but is very tiny. It took him 3 hours to finally stand and I ended up having to bottle feed him because Momma was weak and tired and wouldn't let him suckle. But after he finally was able to stand we were able to assist him to suck for the first time, I've never been so happy to see that! We are giving Momma an antibotic shock as well.

This is Big sister Lucy! born a whole 24 hours before the others.

This is littlest Man (he needs a good name) He survived all the odds.

Last edited:
((More pics))Thanks everyone for your comments, yes I'm pretty sad about losing the buckling. But at the same time, I was just heart broken seeing Momma in so much pain, so i'm glad it's over and she can rest and take care of her 2 others, she's being an amazing mom.

Here's some more pics of the 2 of them together and you can see better the size difference.

Last edited:
HELP!!!!!! i don't know if anyone else is posting on this forum but my toginberg goat is going to have a kid. She keeps sitting down and getting up and walking around then sitting again and she doesn't look very comfortable. Her udders are huge and her tail keeps going up no creamy slime yet but she is pretty fat. Me and my family are complete novices when it comes to goats we only got them a week ago and don't know what to do. any advice!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom