Goat Lovers of Arizona

Buck Boys )Goats start to breed at 3-4 months of age . (Does Girls ) Should NOT breed until fully mature @ 9months of age.

Girl goats take a little longer than the boys but best not to take chances. Denise doesn't like to breed until one year old.

Last edited:
My family is thinking of getting milk goats, probably nubians, for 4H. They'll be living with my laying hens in a large, sheltered coop, which was originally a sheep pen. I'm so excited! We met a person yesterday, while we were at the hospital for a two year old with a broken arm, who had raised goats for many years. We hit it off really well, and they offered to help us any way they could and even help us find a good animal!
wee.gif

My family is thinking of getting milk goats, probably nubians, for 4H. They'll be living with my laying hens in a large, sheltered coop, which was originally a sheep pen. I'm so excited! We met a person yesterday, while we were at the hospital for a two year old with a broken arm, who had raised goats for many years. We hit it off really well, and they offered to help us any way they could and even help us find a good animal!
wee.gif

If you are keeping the goats with the chickens, you will need to devise a way to keep them out of the chicken feed. Goats can scour pretty bad, or get bloat, if they pork out on chicken feed (or any feed really).

Good luck, goats are aweesome.

That was pretty much what I told her! Welcome to my goat lovers thread Tanichca. Sorry about your chicken loss.

Last edited:
Nannies are female yes. The boys are Bucks. I am not sure how you keep a goat fresh in milk. Maybe someone on the thread has milking goats.

Back
Top Bottom