Goat not eating grain and soft stool

IMG_2531.JPG
Sorry. Safeguard is the dewormer
IMG_2530.JPG
found this morning and then found just now

Gums and eyelids still pink. Tail up now but still wants no grain Moving around a little slower than normal but up and about. just had diarrhea again

I get some soft stool from time to time on my goats and deworm in fall and spring. I always add some probiotics to their wormer too. That usually immediately gets the stool back to the right consistency.

This is what we do for this situation. Instructions from our Vet.
For worming: Cydecton sheep drench. Double the dose on the label for goats we were told.
For Coccid.: Liquid CORID.. 3oz Corid into 16oz water. Then drench 30cc per 100lbs of goat. 5 day course.
Electrolytes.
Nutridrench.

Can you take a pic of the stool and back half of the doe?
Should I do both? Is safe to treat if I'm not sure. Is the different types of corid

Mixed grad hay .. Timothy and clover. She been picking at the bale of alfalfa my husband brought home yesterday. The eat purina sweet feed about 1/2 cup each in the morning

Should I do both? Is safe to treat if I'm not sure. Is the different types of corid
I would use the liquid type. You will have to read the label of your safe guard as well. I know with our cydecton it is alright to do both but we don't use safe guard (fembendazole).
You should have the stool sent to a lab. Doesn't cost that much here in our area.

Back
Top Bottom