goat ringworm questions

2C2439A3-6ED4-49A1-AAAF-2849DB6D259D.jpeg
Here he is

Ringworm is just a fungus. It is all the same, one is not worse than the other. Any fungicide will kill it.

CL is in the lymph nodes. You usually see it in the jaw first, then it travels down the lymph in the body. It wouldn't show up as three boils in a line. It's nasty, but your vet just lances the boil and cleans it up. Not a big deal other than the fact it is recurring.

Chances are that it's just where the goat rubbed something to get splinters which boiled up. CL doesn't show up in a row like that. It is just boils on lymph nodes.
Just a comment on CL. It is EXTREMELY important that no abscesses ever be allowed to spontaneously rupture out in the barns or corrals. CL is primarily spread by exposure to pus from a draining abscess. Because it is hard to tell whether an abscess is caused by CL or something else, I treated all abscesses the same and I suggest everyone else do the same. When I first started breeding goats in the late 1960's, CL was very common. A lot of herds, including mine, were infected with it. I got rid of it and the other breeders I knew did too. I have written a paper on how we controlled and eradicated CL in our herds. Among other things it tell exactly how to lance and clean an abscess. If anyone wants a copy PM me with your snail mail address and I will be happy to send it to you.

Hello I need help please I have a ffa goat and he has ringworm I have been treating his ringworm I’m going to try to spray his spot with athletes foot spray does anyone know how long it takes to heal if I spray with it I need help ASAP it’s getting worse I sprayed it with bleach and water but the white ring is forming at the moment is that good or bad?
We used to treat ringworm on cattle with an iodine spray. I believe either bluekote or redcoat is an antifungal spray. I wouldn't use bleach as that can burn skin.

Back
Top Bottom