Goat suddenly squatting alot

I have called for vets and the two that answered won't send off goat urine to their lab. They only do small animals. I'm waiting on a call back from two that might be more promising. It was a lot Easier to find care for cows goats horses pigs in this area 15 years ago but it's change so much over the years.

Ok, in the meantime..did you see my post? Perhaps you’d like to make some of the garlic , onion, vinegar, etc mixture....it might soothe her. Did you get her grain away?

She had already eaten her grain for the morning and I don't leave the green out for them because they'll eat them selves till they have bloat I only give them a small amount in the mornings and in the evenings. So I will try to restrain her this evening from eating. I finally had success and found a place that would at least run a urine sample so hopefully I can get that Tonight and get it to the vet after work tomorrow. It's going to be an interesting process trying to collect goat urine in the dark.

I have called for vets and the two that answered won't send off goat urine to their lab. They only do small animals. I'm waiting on a call back from two that might be more promising. It was a lot Easier to find care for cows goats horses pigs in this area 15 years ago but it's change so much over the years.

I know what you mean. There is a nationwide shortage of large animal vets.

Oh I thought it was just this area and what it's become. The county I lived in was full of nothing but small to medium sized farms. As people got older and passed away their children wanted nothing to do with all that land knowing the amount of money they could make off of it. So subdividing was a lot more beneficial for them. It's sad really because I know if I inherited a small farm I can't even tell you how excited and how awesome that would be

If you are worried about calcium, alfalfa is not the answer. Alfalfa is high in calcium, low in phosphorous. Grass hays are high in phosphorous and low in calcium. I fed almost exclusively alfalfa to all my goats for years with never a problem. My guess, and it is only a guess, is your doe has a UTI.

Back
Top Bottom