Goat suddenly squatting alot

If you are worried about calcium, alfalfa is not the answer. Alfalfa is high in calcium, low in phosphorous. Grass hays are high in phosphorous and low in calcium. I fed almost exclusively alfalfa to all my goats for years with never a problem. My guess, and it is only a guess, is your doe has a UTI.
That would be perfect...I simply put in her symptoms to that website I showed in my post, and that was what it suggested...so, I hope you are right! Mine are off grain and eat alfalfa pellets and mixed grasses....but, I just put the symptoms in..sometimes the internet is no good for helping..that’s why I was looking at the home remedies....I’m glad you found a vet! Let us know!!

Everything that popped up for me on the Internet was about just recently giving birth or them being pregnant and she hasn't had babies in three years and no chances of her being pregnant. But since I haven't been looking specifically for it I want to make sure that she is actually urinating Because this didn't start happening again till this morning.

I finally found one that will make house calls. Now I'm nervous and thinking about having her come out. Trying to decide. Like I said she's otherwise not acting in pain or anything

My next mission is to purchase or make a trailer so I can take them to the vet. The vet I found is 49 miles away and they charge two dollars per mile. Plus you know their vet charge and medicine. It's only $25 see if you're able to bring them in.

My next mission is to purchase or make a trailer so I can take them to the vet. The vet I found is 49 miles away and they charge two dollars per mile. Plus you know their vet charge and medicine. It's only $25 see if you're able to bring them in.
Can you take the goat today? That would be my decision maker. We have two ways of hauling...the back of an SUV...works at times. And we have a truck that has a dump truck bed with high sides. My hubby picks up garbage for our rental units. We plop on wood panels and can haul certain animals....like hogs. We did put a Nigerian Dwarf goat in there..but..summer. We’re not ready to buy a hauler....we’d rather pay the fee for the vet...we’re a hobby farm.

The only SUV I would be able to get my hands on would it be big enough for Lucy. She's a little over 140 pounds. Plus I'd be borrowing it from my mother who would absolutely kill me if she knew there was a goat in the back. LOL what she doesn't have to know won't hurt her. Timing cannot be more perfect though. In two weeks I'll be getting a truck. But for now I guess I'll be transferring money from one account to another.

The only SUV I would be able to get my hands on would it be big enough for Lucy. She's a little over 140 pounds. Plus I'd be borrowing it from my mother who would absolutely kill me if she knew there was a goat in the back. LOL what she doesn't have to know won't hurt her. Timing cannot be more perfect though. In two weeks I'll be getting a truck. But for now I guess I'll be transferring money from one account to another.
Well..we just bought a whole lot of tarps the other day at the dollar tree...no wash..just throw away....I hope you mom doesn’t find out...yikes!! My Dad would kill me! And I’m 46!

Unfortunately the two places I called both close at 4 o'clock. And I'm just now leaving work with an hour drive home. But she said that they won't be making any more appointments today so if I call first thing in the morning I can still get an appointment for tomorrow I wouldn't be able to handle my emotions if she took a sudden turn for the worse and I didn't have somebody come out

Back
Top Bottom