Goat suddenly squatting alot

Headed home from work just in time to meet on call vet is coming at 11. I think partially I came on here because I needed people that love their animals as much as I do to tell me that I'm not crazy for taking her to the vet. Or a colleague of it. I'm just glad I could finally find one even though because of the distance it's going to cost over $100 just to get them there Thank you guys for being those people. My coworkers and family members have the mindset of it's just to go you can just get another one if something happens. And I can't watch my goats suffer and I Can't replace Lucy. Plus she's mama. Joan and Romeo would not handle that well at all. I don't know who would be a bigger mess me or them. She's family

I'm hoping for the best for her in my bank account. I'll do anything I can but this stuff always happens right after you spend money having to move and of course it came to days before I get paid. As long as she's good in the end I could care less about what's left in my account. And with Lucy it's hard because she is one tough cookie. So sometimes I think she feels worse than she's letting on People also think I'm crazy because she's over seven years old. So that's not the end of her life span necessarily but it's getting to a point where other people would consider her useless because from what I've always understood they should probably stop breeding around this age. Even if she can't breed I find her far from useless And I can tell over the years she's slow down a bit but she's awesome. I'm eagerly staring out the window waiting for the van to pull up like a kid staring at the window trying to see Santa at Christmas

I'm hoping for the best for her in my bank account. I'll do anything I can but this stuff always happens right after you spend money having to move and of course it came to days before I get paid. As long as she's good in the end I could care less about what's left in my account. And with Lucy it's hard because she is one tough cookie. So sometimes I think she feels worse than she's letting on People also think I'm crazy because she's over seven years old. So that's not the end of her life span necessarily but it's getting to a point where other people would consider her useless because from what I've always understood they should probably stop breeding around this age. Even if she can't breed I find her far from useless And I can tell over the years she's slow down a bit but she's awesome. I'm eagerly staring out the window waiting for the van to pull up like a kid staring at the window trying to see Santa at Christmas
Goats tend to hide how they feel....another friend’s goats ate a toxic plant and didn’t show signs for two days...they are fine though

That's why I'm glad I found someway to get to BYC. Emotional support. Because I may be crazy but at least I'm among the crazies :D
It’s always good to have support...I totally understand....not everyone is as attached to their farm animals...that’s how they see them...’farm’ animals. There are people on here paying out the wazoo for a chicken. My duck got his leg broke in December and I had to tube feed him 4 times a day for 4 weeks. I get it, so many of us get it....that’s what these forums are about...at least...that’s what I think so. I’m pulling for you two...please write as soon as you know something!!

She just left. It's more than likely a UTI there's not anything else she could find. And most other urinary tract issues do happen and male goats. So she got a good dose of penicillin and will continue that for four days and then I called with an update and she got a shot of pain medicine and left with some just in case she seems in discomfort but that poor girl was shaking after that shot because it stings. So she won't only get that if she looks like she needs it.I have never ever seen this particular goat scared or back down from anything. And after being examined she was so scared she was shaking. And she said it was really good that she didn't feel anything in her vaginal area Because sometimes especially at her age they can develop tumors in there that can cause them to squat like that. But everything felt good in there so that's good news to

Oh, plus...they hate change...they will act like it’s the worst thing you could ever do to them, by giving them something different,..they’ll be fine...they ar3 just dramatic!! :)
Goats tend to hide how they feel....another friend’s goats ate a toxic plant and didn’t show signs for two days...they are fine though
Now that I think of it as far as when my goats ate toxic plants they were acting fine but the reason I knew is because they threw up profusely over the night and it was all over their faces in shelter the next morning. That's when I realize that those can throw up. Otherwise I wouldn't of known either. This goat in particular though is extra stoic

I finally found one that will make house calls. Now I'm nervous and thinking about having her come out. Trying to decide. Like I said she's otherwise not acting in pain or anything
I think you really should have the vet come out. I agree with the others and it sounds like she does have a UTI infection and those are very painful, so best to get her treated as soon as possible before it turns into something worse.

I think you really should have the vet come out. I agree with the others and it sounds like she does have a UTI infection and those are very painful, so best to get her treated as soon as possible before it turns into something worse.
Oh, sorry I didn’t see that the vet came out. That’s great! Hopefully your little one makes a quick recovery!

Back
Top Bottom