Goat suddenly squatting alot

Oh and a pleasant surprise to add to the joy that everything seems like it should be OK other then I'm gonna have to learn to give a shot one-handed. Are usually use to both but you know guess I got a learn extra skills. My charge was only $152. She only charge me for a 32 mile drive which was from her last customer to my house instead of the 50 mile charge from their office to my house. I paid almost twice that for my dog at the vet a few weeks ago. So it was good news on top of good news. And I guess more good news is I finally found a vet for my goats. Wish it was a wee bit closer but I'm happy I know there's something

Oh and a pleasant surprise to add to the joy that everything seems like it should be OK other then I'm gonna have to learn to give a shot one-handed. Are usually use to both but you know guess I got a learn extra skills. My charge was only $152. She only charge me for a 32 mile drive which was from her last customer to my house instead of the 50 mile charge from their office to my house. I paid almost twice that for my dog at the vet a few weeks ago. So it was good news on top of good news. And I guess more good news is I finally found a vet for my goats. Wish it was a wee bit closer but I'm happy I know there's something
Yeah, a few months ago when I brought one of my chickens into the vet it cost me over $250!

I'm a little scared now because that means I've also found a vet that will see chickens. I've never had that before. I mean I'm happy I have one but it means I just need to keep my chicken numbers a little more under control ha ha

And this place is pretty cool because the charge if I would've brought her to them is only $25. For them to come to you it's two dollars a mile Around here usually a regular vet for cats and dogs has a $35-$40 walk in fee. But when I get my truck in two weeks first order of business Will be figuring out a set up where I'm able to haul these guys.

Definitely and I guess I'm so excited and surprised to find there's still some decent and honest caring people left in the world. And lucky thing as long as it took me to actually find one that it seems so far I found a good one

I was wondering is there any oral pain killer you can give a goat? The shot they gave her of the pain killer apparently stings really bad and it took everything in me to hold her still so I know there's no way my daughter is going to be able to hold her still. The penicillin shot will be tough with her but easily doable bye I don't know how well The shot of painkiller will work. Thought if there was something oral I could give her I could go that route

I was wondering is there any oral pain killer you can give a goat? The shot they gave her of the pain killer apparently stings really bad and it took everything in me to hold her still so I know there's no way my daughter is going to be able to hold her still. The penicillin shot will be tough with her but easily doable bye I don't know how well The shot of painkiller will work. Thought if there was something oral I could give her I could go that route
Did you give the injection under the skin or in the muscle? According to the vets at UC Davis injections for goats should be given under the skin. As for an oral painkiller, I know you can give aspiran to sheep so I can't imagine why you couldn't give aspirin to a goat.

she could take take aspirin 325 mg..base it on her weight, I believe...it’s actually 1 pill per every 10 lbs....here’s the link.. https://fiascofarm.com/goats/medications.htm.... it also has ibuprofen on there....the list also has other great info about goat health needs....vitamins,....I hope this helps. :)

Giving Lucy her meds. Vet wrote 10 cc per day but bottle says 1 ml per 100 lbs. 10 seems like a lot... not want to second guess bet. What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom