Goat suddenly squatting alot

Very true....I look more at the cost per animal type of rational. I would’ve loved to taken Little Lou to the vet when he broke his leg...but, but to the fact that there aren’t many who deal with birds around here it would’ve cost a fortune. It wouldn’t have been fair to the rest of my farm animals to suffer. I doctored him myself. i wish it could’ve been better, but I had to be realistic, because...he is...a duck...we don’t, make money off ducks. We actually don’t really make money off any of this. I just started selling eggs...but, I’ve only sold a few dozen...

It's been a crazy busy busy week. She's flowing normal again and she seems to be feeling ALOT better she's hanging with everybody else and asserting her authority which Shows me she's getting back to normal. I did realize I've never had to give her in particular a shot and she is by far the most difficult.
@Rachel Taylor Is she peeing ok again?

Ohhhh, well that’s good. I don’t like giving shots either. I’m really glad she is ok..when I was reading how to help the situation...it looked pretty serious....glad you could get her to the vet!!

The vet said that she wasn't too bad off but had I waited it could've turned out that way. I'd rather catch something quick then see her grinding her teeth or moaning in pain. So I'm glad I was able to find a vet and even though it's pretty far at least I know I have some sort of resource if somethings beyond what I can do. There's a lot of stuff I treat for at home but somethings are a little beyond my knowledge and skill level. She is physically strong and strong-willed. It makes are tough to treat but I do admire that But she is also super sweet and the best mother I have ever seen in any animal. I don't know that I'll ever have another one is strong I'm gearing toward Nubians next. They're almost as big but not usually as strong. I can't have one that's stronger than me

I know I'm not the best at giving shots I'm sure. I wish my daughter would do it she took a whole animal systems class last year in high school where they learned also to give shots. She was confident until she realized she sticking a needle into a real animal instead of a dummy animal. But according to her teacher she's pretty skilled at shots

The vet said that she wasn't too bad off but had I waited it could've turned out that way. I'd rather catch something quick then see her grinding her teeth or moaning in pain. So I'm glad I was able to find a vet and even though it's pretty far at least I know I have some sort of resource if somethings beyond what I can do. There's a lot of stuff I treat for at home but somethings are a little beyond my knowledge and skill level. She is physically strong and strong-willed. It makes are tough to treat but I do admire that But she is also super sweet and the best mother I have ever seen in any animal. I don't know that I'll ever have another one is strong I'm gearing toward Nubians next. They're almost as big but not usually as strong. I can't have one that's stronger than me
That’s why I don’t want Boer goats. Too big for me. Plus. I have no reason for a meat goat. Really mine are just pets. And if I get milk. Great. If not, oh well. I’m planning to keep one of the kids from the girls. We just have to see who fits in best :)

Back
Top Bottom