GOAT TALK!!!!

I had 3 wonderful pygmy goats until they got older and I learned that no one tells you up front that the boys urinate all over themselves because they think it is attractive to the does. So my 5-year-old daughter went from cuddling cute little goats to cuddling goats covered with pee. Needless to say, the goats were given to a farmer friend shortly thereafter who loves them and they have a happy home- and I will be sticking to chickens which may occasionally poop on you by accident, but don't pee all over themselves. ;)

My sister has a goat! He has a weird grey leg.
IMG_20201112_110850_01.jpg

Thanks. But can they stand the winter?
As adults yes, as babies they need help. What type of winter are you talking? I believe pygmies are more cold hearty than Nigerian dwarfs, they definitely are fuzzier, but you might ask around. goats, of course, need shelter like any animal.

Irish winter. Not as cold as a lot of American/Canadian winters... fair frost, rarely snow, very wet though not freezing cold. I'm talking with good shelter, but not supplemental heat.

Irish winter. Not as cold as a lot of American/Canadian winters... fair frost, rarely snow, very wet though not freezing cold. I'm talking with good shelter, but not supplemental heat.
Sounds similar to my southern self lol. Mine fare just fine, when we had goats under a year old I would put dog coats on them. Just make sure they have a dry space with plenty of bedding. Goats don’t like getting wet, so if it rains a lot make their shelter a bit bigger because they’ll spend so much time in it. I haven’t given heat to the goats for fear they’d electrocute themselves or something. But I have been know to give straw almost up to their chins and hollow out a “nest” for them.

Sounds similar to my southern self lol. Mine fare just fine, when we had goats under a year old I would put dog coats on them. Just make sure they have a dry space with plenty of bedding. Goats don’t like getting wet, so if it rains a lot make their shelter a bit bigger because they’ll spend so much time in it. I haven’t given heat to the goats for fear they’d electrocute themselves or something. But I have been know to give straw almost up to their chins and hollow out a “nest” for them.

Is it the same with all pygmy goats?

Back
Top Bottom