Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
I'm new to goats and just inherited 11! We just bought a house from a gentleman who passed away and he had them. They're precious but i have no idea what kind they are. Pictured below is the 11th one. A baby just a few days old.
Awwwww, that's exactly how I came to own mine too. We were buying a house and the homeowner died in the middle of the closing process. His heirs asked us if we would be willing to keep them since they couldn't care for them. I only inherited 2 though.... We named them Black Peter and Black Dalia.
20201202_152341.jpg

I purchased a little ND doe last fall. If she has a little girl, we'll name her Black Betty. 😂 If it's a boy, it'll be Black Phillip. 😁

Hey all. I’m looking into getting a pair of goats. We have about 1.5 acres of land that is thick with blackberry bushes and brush. Until the goats can clear the property, their housing would need to be temporary and moved around. Any ideas for this? It’s so thick I don’t even know how we’d fence it. I need to figure out the details before I present to my husband. He already thinks I lost my mind over our chickens.

Hey all. I’m looking into getting a pair of goats. We have about 1.5 acres of land that is thick with blackberry bushes and brush. Until the goats can clear the property, their housing would need to be temporary and moved around. Any ideas for this? It’s so thick I don’t even know how we’d fence it. I need to figure out the details before I present to my husband. He already thinks I lost my mind over our chickens.
Can you get electric netting or something like that?

I’m not sure if this would work for you, but during the summer I like to use truck fairings as shelters. I was able to get a few of them for free and they work pretty well. I know a lot of people like to use doghouses or even those big plastic water totes or calf hutches 🙂
F52E6B5E-9B44-457E-88DD-4FFAA285F31C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom