Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Ah okay that makes sense! Although it’s a bit disappointing lol I’ve heard they’re excellent brush eaters/landscapers and pack animals lol not that I’d need the packing part but still. Do they hurt the little Nigerians?
That's what my goats do! We got them to keep the blackberries and poison oak at bay. My mutts do an amazing job. Every person I asked said 5-6 goats to clean our 3 acres of woodland. Two would have been enough!

But what a good goat life! The chickens have to lay eggs. The cats have to catch rats. The dogs do a lot of things. All the goatie girls have to do to earn their keep is eat!

That's what my goats do! We got them to keep the blackberries and poison oak at bay. My mutts do an amazing job. Every person I asked said 5-6 goats to clean our 3 acres of woodland. Two would have been enough!

But what a good goat life! The chickens have to lay eggs. The cats have to catch rats. The dogs do a lot of things. All the goatie girls have to do to earn their keep is eat!
I always joke I would get fired if my goats were hired to clear brush! I must feed them to well as they don't want to eat anything other then what I give them! Guess I will be cutting back the blackberries myself!

That’s awesome!! Good to know I wouldn’t necessarily need a boer either hahah so you don’t milk yours? That seemed like a lot of work to me lol

No, I don’t have any goats unfortunately 😭 how do you like the oberhasli?
Well only have a buck that ia an oberhasli. I do like the oberhaslis alot though. I love there color and they are super friendly. They aren't that loud and i know that they milk really well. I have a cousin who just started raising them and they are really happy with the breed. They go on walks around there farm and their goats just follow them wherever. But we decided not to raise oberhaslis because we already have alpine. And it is going to be hard to separate 3 different goat breeds(we are going to raise Nigerian dwarfs next year). Hope this helps:wee

Back
Top Bottom