Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
Nubians keep brush down too. They killed many of our invasive honeysuckles. But I like to say goats are like antibiotics - they kill everything, the good stuff and the bad...except they don't eat a lot of the bad stuff, like creeping charlie or goutweed which chokes out the good stuff...
That’s a good analogy thanks

Well only have a buck that ia an oberhasli. I do like the oberhaslis alot though. I love there color and they are super friendly. They aren't that loud and i know that they milk really well. I have a cousin who just started raising them and they are really happy with the breed. They go on walks around there farm and their goats just follow them wherever. But we decided not to raise oberhaslis because we already have alpine. And it is going to be hard to separate 3 different goat breeds(we are going to raise Nigerian dwarfs next year). Hope this helps:wee
Yeah that really does help! Thanks!

If I was a little closer and had a trailer I would take them in a heartbeat
I literally just saw 3 free boer goats on Fayetteville craigslist
Y'all have to be careful with free goats. The owner had to pay money for them right?! So why are they giving them away for free? Maybe he or she just needs to get rid of them. I mean free goats right whats not to lose...... But they can be sick. Like be carrier's of (CAE), Caseous Lymphadenitis (CL), and Paratuberculosis (Johne's disease). Not saying that they do have a disease but what if they do. Of course this is your decision totally. Just trying to help. 😊

We have 13 NDs right now. Normally we have six but we just had five babies over the weekend and one last week. Once they are old enough to be without momma we will sell them, we might keep one or two though. 🥰
I love Nigerians. If you dont mind i have a few questions.... Are yours registered? Which one do you prefer non registered or registered? Fo your ND milk well? Do they sell well? Sorry for so many questions but we are really looking into buying some.

I love Nigerians. If you dont mind i have a few questions.... Are yours registered? Which one do you prefer non registered or registered? Fo your ND milk well? Do they sell well? Sorry for so many questions but we are really looking into buying some.
Two moms are registered and one isn't. We bought the two that are registered already registered. The other mom was born here so she isn't. I don't think we registered the kids last year, we might have though.

It depends on what you want them for, I don't have a preference. Registered goats are more expensive.

Our ND are good milkers, we've never had another goat breed to compare them with but I think they are pretty good.

As for selling, I think it depends on where you are. We sold 6 last year, I forget exactly how much we got for them but it was a pretty good price. They sold almost as soon as we put them up too, we just put them on Craigslist.

Two moms are registered and one isn't. We bought the two that are registered already registered. The other mom was born here so she isn't. I don't think we registered the kids last year, we might have though.

It depends on what you want them for, I don't have a preference. Registered goats are more expensive.

Our ND are good milkers, we've never had another goat breed to compare them with but I think they are pretty good.

As for selling, I think it depends on where you are. We sold 6 last year, I forget exactly how much we got for them but it was a pretty good price. They sold almost as soon as we put them up too, we just put them on Craigslist.
Thank you that really helps 😁

I've heard some goats can be super picky. I give mine hay before turning out to pasture, but they waaay prefer foraging. My girls just aren't very picky at all. Especially Cricket. She'll eat ANYTHING!
My girls must be super picky! you know that thing that everyone says "goats will eat tin cans they will eat anything" maybe some but my girls get let out to forage and they either play or lay down and enjoy the day LOL they will try and eat cardboard so I have to be careful if I'm using a box for anything! Oh and chicken food! they go crazy trying to get the chicken food! I finally found a chicken feeder that they cant get into I use to have to hide it before I let them out! Gabby once got her head stuck in an empty chicken feeder

Back
Top Bottom