Goat throwing up and feeling ill

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
When I went to feed the crew this morning I noticed RM didn't eat much and went back in the shelter and just stood by herself. Obviously knew something wasn't right and she kept making noises like she was throwing up and swallowing it and then did throw up one time but she's a lot more vocal than usual this morning and doesn't want to be around the others and doesn't really want to be up for too long. I've had them get into plants they shouldn't have and throw up but they've never quite acted like that. I gave her six ML of activated charcoal mixed with water. it's worked every other time but every other time they threw up a lot more but didn't act sick. Now it's just throwing up less but acting sick. So it worries me a bit. Anything else I can do for her

I almost cried having to leave for work when she's not feeling well. I have course was late because I'm trying to give her medicine in the dark which resulted in me covered in black and her covered in black. It's mainly The way she's acting. Just standing there with her head in the corner. Or laying down. Not really wanting to be around the others. And she's being extra vocal. Doesn't sound like she's moaning in pain or anything but almost sounds like she's telling me and her way that she doesn't feel well

I almost cried having to leave for work when she's not feeling well. I have course was late because I'm trying to give her medicine in the dark which resulted in me covered in black and her covered in black. It's mainly The way she's acting. Just standing there with her head in the corner. Or laying down. Not really wanting to be around the others. And she's being extra vocal. Doesn't sound like she's moaning in pain or anything but almost sounds like she's telling me and her way that she doesn't feel well
Could she suffering from bloat? Maybe she needs baking soda or antacid?

She wanted nothing to do with the baking soda. They got into the azaleas once before and I wouldn't have known except I could see it on their face they had been commenting overnight but they were acting fine. Gave them activated Charcoal and they were good to go. I gave her a dose this morning and my daughter is checking on her as soon as she gets home from school

Thankfully activated charcoal is one thing that I will never run out of in their emergency kit. The first time I needed it it was pretty bad and it was a lot harder to find than I thought

No actually. I never thought to do that because I've actually never heard of such a thing. The only time I've seen them gets sick is when they've eaten something toxic

Back
Top Bottom