Goats!!!

I do hope things go well. Please keep us posted. I'm so sorry for both you and the goat.

I am new to goats. Just purchased 6 pygmy. I have a set of male twins that are 6 weeks old and doing great! I want to castrate them. When is the best age?

You want to allow them some time in order to develop, so they don't have stones later on, but you also don't want to wait too long and have it be super painful for them. I would say around 8-10 weeks would be good. You're banding them, I assume?

You want to allow them some time in order to develop, so they don't have stones later on, but you also don't want to wait too long and have it be super painful for them. I would say around 8-10 weeks would be good. You're banding them, I assume? 
Yes we r going to band them. Thanks for the info! I knew there could be problems with stones if done too soon.

Have there been studies done on banding young vs old? I have had many wethers and never a stone, all were banded at 8-12 weeks. I am still sticking with it's the diet.

Im pretty sure he was banded at 7 weeks old. They only eat timothy hay and grass and water and sometimes power punch in there water with acv.

Im pretty sure he was banded at 7 weeks old. They only eat timothy hay and grass and water and sometimes power punch in there water with acv.
Sorry that's wasn't directed for you, just a general question. Have you had him his whole life? Stones take a while to form. How is he doing?

Why do you use acv? I've always given my goats baking soda which is an alkaline, to help keep their digestion sweet as the saying goes. So I'm curious why you use the vinegar.

Why do you use acv? I've always given my goats baking soda which is an alkaline, to help keep their digestion sweet as the saying goes. So I'm curious why you use the vinegar.

The breeder always told me to put Acv in there water.
She said it helps to prevent UC but it obviously doesnt!! Do you think the baking soda might help I have like ten boxes of it.

Sorry that's wasn't directed for you, just a general question. Have you had him his whole life? Stones take a while to form. How is he doing?

He is actually looking a lot better I still don't know if he urinates. He is more active plays with the group and is eating more. So hopefully he passes it.I have been talking to the vet and she said that she should probably come over soon. Just to see if the stone moved any closer. So if not then idk what to do not much more to do.

Back
Top Bottom