Going head to head with a Horned goat pic added 5/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW...how about some updated photos of that black sex-link cockerel in your avatar???
wink.png

Quote:
where did this whole fence thing come from what are you talking about getting cought in the fence? and i know the consequences i am taking but like i said it is minimal as this this goats get played like this regularly and it know when to play and when to not, but i do know there is a chance that it might act out of turn, but i would rather have my pets having fun then just sit there

Quote:
o the one in my avatar is actually a Barred turkin/ Barred Naked Neck but i sold him as he was a rooster i do still have a giant sex link rooster but not the one in my avatar

ok in that pic it looks like we were close but we werent he was even more farther away as i wasnt even close enough for him to come down on me, but i know what you mean i wouldnt let that happen

Quote:
It is natural for a goat to rear up and come down with a head butt TOWARDS ANOTHER GOAT. It is a bad habit when he directs that behaviour towards a human.

I raise quite a number of goats to be sold off as pets - I never let them do it to a human. Yes, they will try as babies, but I correct that behaviour. They can do it to other goats, that is just fine.

If you want him to be able to play like that, then get him another goat for goodness sake!

jw are you gonna give me money for another goat then? we are getting one just saving up money to get the right one its not for breeding tho as this guy is fixed

Quote:
ok since it is my responsibility should you be telling me what to do then i dont want this to turn out to be a inflamed thread i was just trying to share some funny and fun time photos, what do you guys get out of putting people down

Sheesh people
roll.png
hmm.png

We had two 200+ pound nubian wethers for almost ten years. We got them when my brother and I were about 8 and 10. We had the best time playing with our goats exactly as the OP is playing with that one there. Never harmed them a bit, and they never harmed us a bit. They knew the difference between playing and "serious" time. They loved little children and we had kids over all the time. However, children should NEVER EVER be left alone with a large animal like a goat. If the child is small enough to be hurt by a nigi or a pygmy, why would you have them alone with the goat in the first place?

Our goat were dehorned but still had large scurs. Honestly, you should always be mindful around animals. You may not be able to prevent all injury, but you can certainly save yourself quite a bit of trouble.

These boys were not hurting the goat...the goat looks like it is having fun. If his grandparents are animal people, they will know never to turn their back on a horned goat in the first place. I don't really see a problem with the behavior in the pictures.

(BTW, I stand over my dog in the same way. I don't sit on him, but it may look like it if you were to take a picture of me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom