going house hunting saturday!

garnet

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Peoria, IL
i'm so excited! there's one place we're looking at that the guy who is selling *might* LEAVE all the farm equipment and animals! *gasp* I am so excited! I promise to post pics asap.

welcome-byc.gif
and good luck!
fl.gif

Quote:
I hope it works out for you! You could always move to Nebraska. Lots of heaven out here. I posted one for 104k, there is a new one, with 30 acres for 200k listed. Lots of jobs for your hubby, too!
Hugs and
welcome-byc.gif

Christina

clap.gif
Oh how exciting! House hunting! I've only got to do that once....
roll.png
and only for a short period of time....
Please let us know 'everything' with lots of pictures!

Have fun.

sad.png
No pics. I've had a rough day ya'll. First off to a late start with the kiddos. THen we went to mother in laws to borrow her van ( its bigger than my mini van) And didn't leave for another 45 minutes. Putting us further behind. Then I saw the one prperty 15 acres for $59k. I wouldn't build a house there. The majority of the land is UPHILL. And then the secondar part is nestled around someone elses platt. (no way) Took us 45 minutes on back country roads to find that. Then the address the lady told me wasn't In a little area called Little America (its a township I guess, it has maybe 20 houses) well it WAS in Little America, the directions say "east on 24 from Lewistown, first left at the top of Little America hill." I totally missed it except a glimpse I caught going by.
The majority of the time was spent with my Grandparents. Grandma's knees and hips are bad, so I helped her stretch them out ( I work in a rehab unit at a hospital.) Granpa has Alzheimers and he's lost 40lbs in a year. Granmas taken him to the drs and they can't figure out whats wrong. She thinks his prostate cancer is back, but his labs are all in normal range. So they want to test his prostate and he won't let them. (but he has Alzheimers......but he's with it enought to say "no" when he needs to) *sigh*
Then on the way home with the kiddos I saw a perfect white house with a chicken coop, silo, barns, shed. But its $145k just for 4 acres and the buildings. I don't think I can afford it. But there's a possibility of another 46 acres.

I'm at a loss and discouraged.

It is amazing to see the cost of property in other parts of the country.
I would do back flips to see 4 acres for 145K
I can buy a house on on acre for that! or I bet a 1/2 acre!
shoot my tiny 55 yr old house 940sf 2 bedroom, 2 bath in town on an average lot is worth more than that.
sigh
it sucks sometimes to love ones job! I don't want to leave the area.
good luck in your search!
I keep thinking when I retire, I will move, I hope I'm up for all the work!
I would LOVE to have 4 acres!

So far I've found 4 acres with house, barn, shed, chicken coop and silo for $145k. 33 acres with house, barn, sheds, hot tub, for $219k. 2 acres, house barn and shed for $79k. and my empty funky lot for $59k 15 acres.

Land around here can get expensive. (for me anyway.) I nearly wilted when I heard $145k. But we'll see. The problem is in order to get a decent loan, I need to turn a profit as a farmer. Otherwise, it'll be a hobby farm and I'll be paying the expenses out of my work check.....which isn't a whole lot. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom