Gold Appenzeller Spitzhauben

psycoforsilkies

Songster
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
East central Texas
Well i need some info on this breed i know nothing, but stumbled across a great deal on a beautiful pair when i went, to buy some other things! We got home late so i will post pictures tomorrow!

If you indeed have real gold spitzhaubens, consider yourself very lucky.......they are very rare in the U.S....even good quality silvers are scarce.....please post some pictures.....................................................................................................chrisf

i am getting particulars on exactly what breeder they came from but i belive they were hatched from eggs from a breeder in wisconsin, they are a stunning pair, I have silkies but i could not pass up this oppourtunity, will post pic's as soon as the sun comes up. will also get detail of lineage when we go back to see the gentleman we got them from.

There is a lengthy thread here on all things Spitzhauben....it is the spitzhauben and brabanter thread.......................................chrisf

Now that is very nice you got there! You better start collecting eggs from this pair and increase your size of flock because people are looking for Gold Spitzhaubens!

Join the FB Spitzhauben and share! There is BYC threads on Spitzhaubens and Brabanters in there too.

The Pullet Laid her first egg for me today, I just got them Yesterday, What do Pairs like this sell for normally? what about the babies? I really have no clue what we have. We set up a special coop just for them today. will be building a permenant place soon.
How do i Know what , to look for in culling? to improve the flock? I am also new to chickens so I may ask some silly questions, I mostly have silkies

Hi there

I have a lovely bird, I don't know the gender yet, but I purchased it as an egg on ebay from the importer.
You can't see from the picture but the silver spangled one I had to splint due to splay leg, but she did not survive :0(
My gold appenzeller has a huge tuft on it's head now and is looking spectacular, he or she is only half grown so far.
I hope you enjoy the picture.

Back
Top Bottom