Gold Copper Marans, anyone know what i have?

I see feathered feet on the first chick, and it looks like I see it in the second chick as well (hard to tell though, as there is not as clear of a view of second chicks legs), which is definitely not a Marans of any type, as they are clean legged. What other types of birds did the breeder have, that you got these two cuties from? Brahmas, Cochins, Langshans, and Silkies are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, that are definitely feather footed. I love the coloration that is coming in on the first chick though, very pretty color combo.

I see feathered feet on the first chick, and it looks like I see it in the second chick as well (hard to tell though, as there is not as clear of a view of second chicks legs), which is definitely not a Marans of any type, as they are clean legged.  What other types of birds did the breeder have, that you got these two cuties from? Brahmas, Cochins, Langshans, and Silkies are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, that are definitely feather footed.  I love the coloration that is coming in on the first chick though, very pretty color combo.

Im pretty sure marans have feathered legs. I had two bcm both had feathered legs.

Blue/gold partridge brahmas
Partridge brahmas
Gold cuckoo marans
black copper marans
Buff brahma
cuckoo marans
dark cornish
Light Brahmas
Gold partridge Brahmas
Black Brahmas
Buff laced brahma

it think this is it, though she had another color brahma, which i can't remember. Some of them she had both bantam and standard. She also had a few bantam cochins, but didn't breed those.

the original french marans have feathered legs, but that has been bred out of them in many lines of american birds. The clean legged marans are more common and less expensive.

They both have single combs...i also bought a couple blue gold partridge brahmas to add to my breeding project, and those have the pea combs. The first chick has a slightly larger comb than the second.

Back
Top Bottom