Gold country chicken swap?? Anyone

Ok, first the park is in Coloma and is Marshall Gold Discovery Park. I was able to get a contact name and number, so I will call them tomorrow and ask if it is feasible to secure one of the group picnic areas for us. I would encourrage you to check with parks and recreation too.

I have Bernese Mtn Dogs.

HAGN, will post my findings tomorrow.

That would be a good area, I am not that familiar with it because it is on the other side of the canyon. Isn't that where they do the gold mining and stuff on weekend, a lot of people suggested Auburn area or closer to GV.

Anyone from the Sac area coming????

Love tbe Berm's. Here is one of our aussies when she was a pup, people always asked if she was a small Berm.

pup.jpg

Sorry, Bern's LOL! Too Tired

Last edited:
What a cute pup!

I left a message with group coordinator at Marshall GDP. GV is too far for me, but understand if it works better for the group. Gold Country stretches so far along the foothills, lol, sometimes I forget GV is still considered part of the Motherlode!

Have a great day, I am off to pull out cages to dry my birds in.

Good luck with the birds,

We can all chat more about it at the show. I think Auburn would be the most central for people up in the Alta area and Grass Valley, I know that if we want to invite the placer 4-H group, I don't know if parents would be willing to drive up that canyon from our side (through Cool). Would Auburn be a better area for you as well? Where are you coming from?

Sorry for the double post,

The other thought is how many people from down the hill would like to come? If we made it in like the Penryn, Loomis area, would that work for anyone??? Course, don't know that area, so any suggestions?

I am coming down Hwy 4. I live East of Arnold, which is why GV is just too far for me
hit.gif
Sacramento is 2 hours, Roseville 2 hrs 20 min, Auburn maybe 2 hrs 40 min. Auburn would be my cut off, but I am one person, if the majority of interest would be GV, go there. I think having the 4-Hers is impt, their needs should carry weight.

OK everyone,

Our local feed store in Auburn, Echo Valley is interested in hosting our swap. I have to go and talk to them about room. There will be room for some 4-Hers to give presentations, and I think I am going to let the placer county 4-H kids sell deserts to raise funds for new cages for LF at our fair this next fall if everyone is ok with that. (I think we need at least 6 more)

Let me know what you all think. You will be able to sell chickens/swap/ etc.... We could do a potluck for lunch. Remember this would be like end of July, or I am almost thinking end of June would be better. But I want to stay away from the 4th of July.

OK, I posted the info on the sale we are arranging under the Gold Country Chicken Sale - June 18th. Let me know if you would like to attend as a seller.

I am only a half hour away from Auburn and should have BLRW chicks and hatching eggs for sale, and maybe even some true Ameraucanas, EEs and EE hatching eggs. I'll let you know closer to the time of the sale if I would like to attend as a seller.
smile.png

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom