gold sex links

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I've not kept gold sex links myself I had red sex links and they were excellent egg layers and easy bird to keep. I have red hold sex links too are good egg layers so if this is what you want they would be a good choice. Here the breed section for reviews in them > https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/chicken-breeds

Be sure to ask any more questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

It all depends on what you want. If you are wanting pets then you need to start taming them early. I've always known sex links to be somewhat wild and mean. But many owners claim they are very calm and docile. If you are wanting meat from them, you might want to look into a different breed. They aren't the best meat chickens. However if you are wanting eggs, then I would definitely recommend them. They are egg laying machines!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If egg production is your main priority, then Gold Sex Links are an excellent choice. Gold Sex Link is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. Not only can they be sexed by color from hatching, but they are egg laying machines outlaying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization. I've raised Red (Gold) Sex Links for years, and along with my Black Sex Links, they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you joined us!

Sex-links are friendly and good layers. I recommend them if you want breakfast. :)
I had a barred rock rooster that was very mean to humans, but I am not sure if they are mean to other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom