golden comet rooster???? {pics}

Quote:
It just means that someone bred the sex-links together. For example:

A RIR male x White Rhode Island gives you the first generation sex-link. The males from this crossing will be mainly white with red, while the females will be red with white.

A second generation is a sex-link (first generation) bred to another sex-link (first generation). This will give you the second generation. All offspring will (generally speaking) look alike. The sex-linking no longer applies because only the first generation was able to be sexed by the coloring.

They will be just as good at egg-laying as the first generation, but they are unable to be sexed based on color.

It just means that someone bred the sex-links together. For example:

A RIR male x White Rhode Island gives you the first generation sex-link. The males from this crossing will be mainly white with red, while the females will be red with white.

A second generation is a sex-link (first generation) bred to another sex-link (first generation). This will give you the second generation. All offspring will (generally speaking) look alike. The sex-linking no longer applies because only the first generation was able to be sexed by the coloring.

They will be just as good at egg-laying as the first generation, but they are unable to be sexed based on color.

ok thank you! i was confused bc everyone was saying sex link but the colors didn't match lol well he is a good little guy no matter what he is.
THANKS EVERYONE
bow.gif

I ordered Golden Comets from a hatchery, they came having the proper feather colors etc, they were from a White Rock Mother and a RIR Father.
When we hatched out their eggs the trouble began. I saw right away that the babies were not the right colors but thought my friend with the incubator has given me some of her RIR's ..... these are my babies, no doubt about it, but they have reverted back to the Original RIR Grandfather's colors.
I have several boys with "girly" (small) combs and several girls with combs the size of the boys should be ... research is telling me that this will happen as well as the feather coloring returning to the original Father's side of the family.

Best of luck to all
~~ the old feathered Granny

That's a 2nd generation sex link roo for sure. Very interesting to see as usually people don't bother breeding them due to the loss of the sexing capability.

That would really freak me out to see him doing anything rooster since I'm so used to that coloring on my wonderful hens. I would have probably been waiting on an egg to this very day, tapping my toe impatiently
tongue.png

Oh, wow! He looks so much like our rooster Big Daddy, except BD has a hen feathered tail! I guess BD is a second generation sex-link then as well. The man who gave him to us just lets his birds free range and mingle all the time, so he's always having biddies hatching out. My parents just call them old barnyard chickens.
tongue.png

I also don't think he's a New Hampshire Red because NHRs are supposed to have a black tail, and his is white.

I know I'm late to reply, but I defiantly think that your roo is NOT a New Hampshire Red. New Hampshires have a beetle green or black tail instead of white and don't have any white markings on the neck feathers.

Back
Top Bottom