golden comet thread!!!

Wow that's awesome!!! We haven't even raised chickens for 7 years, that's a really long time! You must take really good care of your little girl!

Oh yes I take very good care of my chickens,thay are spoiled rotten.oh and she made it after she got attack by a dog.her sister livi who is no longer with us was protecting her when I put medicine on her.and when her sister died I was thinking she was going to die to cause she lost her sister after living with her for 7 years.it was sad.but she made it and still attacks my young chickens :rolleyes: lol

Oh yes I take very good care of my chickens,thay are spoiled rotten.oh and she made it after she got attack by a dog.her sister livi who is no longer with us was protecting her when I put medicine on her.and when her sister died I was thinking she was going to die to cause she lost her sister after living with her for 7 years.it was sad.but she made it and still attacks my young chickens :rolleyes: lol

Lol, I love her spirit! Sweet girl, I'm so glad she made it! I love my chickens too, they are more like babies than chickens!

Lol, I love her spirit! Sweet girl, I'm so glad she made it! I love my chickens too, they are more like babies than chickens!

I know right,they are,don't you just hate the people on farms who don't even care about them,they don't care if a chickens dies,you know?

I love this hybrid breed! Mom and I started with 10 "gold sex links" from Attwoods. They lay all winter, even without a light in their coop. People buying from us at the farmers market think the eggs look huge! They produce a ton of eggs every week. Dad had to sell some for us at his work in the off-season. I've gotten lots of compliments on our pretty roosters.

When we were down to only one rooster for a while, he became very mean and would run and attack me when my back was turned. They seem to be very nice gentle roosters until they no longer have someone to spar with. Things are better now that I have two (his son and an adopted Americana mix).

They aren't great brooders. One hen always quits once she hatches one chick. Most of them don't care to try. I did have one that successfully hatched 3, but none of them made it. My research concludes that the "broodiness" gene was breed out of them so they could be more efficient egg producers.

Mom's current flock are a joy to come home to! They run up to the car door as soon as you open it to see if you have any food (we often bring home scraps from eating out). I bag the guinea pig wood chips (from cleaning cages) and they love to scratch through it. I miss seeing their pretty colors dotting the green yard when I'm in Arkansas.

I love this hybrid breed! Mom and I started with 10 "gold sex links" from Attwoods. They lay all winter, even without a light in their coop. People buying from us at the farmers market think the eggs look huge! They produce a ton of eggs every week. Dad had to sell some for us at his work in the off-season. I've gotten lots of compliments on our pretty roosters.

When we were down to only one rooster for a while, he became very mean and would run and attack me when my back was turned. They seem to be very nice gentle roosters until they no longer have someone to spar with. Things are better now that I have two (his son and an adopted Americana mix).

They aren't great brooders. One hen always quits once she hatches one chick. Most of them don't care to try. I did have one that successfully hatched 3, but none of them made it. My research concludes that the "broodiness" gene was breed out of them so they could be more efficient egg producers.

Mom's current flock are a joy to come home to! They run up to the car door as soon as you open it to see if you have any food (we often bring home scraps from eating out). I bag the guinea pig wood chips (from cleaning cages) and they love to scratch through it. I miss seeing their pretty colors dotting the green yard when I'm in Arkansas.

wow!good for you,that's funny that thay run up to the door of the car!i don't care if ther broody or not I don't have a rooster,I take them of the nest if ther broody,I don't have comets yet,but I will soon,the chickens I have are barred rocks 2,a EE,a asterlop,a black G,and two indein runner ducks, duck duck Is a female and peep is a male,the to barred rocks are stone and Bea,she 7 look at my post above and you'll see what she's done in her life,a little bit.blackie who is the asterlop is always broody,brownie the EE is so tiny and cute,wisteria the black G is very loud,Bea is very mean to the other chickens cause she's hate them thay are only a 1 year old so she's nice to us,stone she's very pretty so nice and calm friends with Bea but at the bottom of the pecking order,then duck duck who's different,she whent from loud to quiet,and peep my brain less bird(not relly)he's very loud what wold he do without duck duck.just a little thing so you know ther names and what ter like.

Last edited:
I know right,they are,don't you just hate the people on farms who don't even care about them,they don't care if a chickens dies,you know?

I can't even imagine not caring if a chicken died! I cry over chickens I never ever knew! When somebody tells me about losing one of their precious girls, I can't help but be sad with them. Someone I know is like that with his chickens, when one dies he just casually tells me, "Oh I ended up losing another hen today..." I guess since he never even tries to spend time with them, get to know them, or love them at all, they don't really matter to him.

I can't even imagine not caring if a chicken died! I cry over chickens I never ever knew! When somebody tells me about losing one of their precious girls, I can't help but be sad with them. Someone I know is like that with his chickens, when one dies he just casually tells me, "Oh I ended up losing another hen today..." I guess since he never even tries to spend time with them, get to know them, or love them at all, they don't really matter to him.

Yah,I hate people like that,thay don't care,I cry till ther are not anymore in me,my friend lost two of her chickens last yr. and we both cried.it was sad,but oh well what can we do,.

Yah,I hate people like that,thay don't care,I cry till ther are not anymore in me,my friend lost two of her chickens last yr. and we both cried.it was sad,but oh well what can we do,.

We should maybe just pray for their hearts, that they would be softened for their animals and livestock, and show some concern for them

Back
Top Bottom