Golden comets, sapphire gems, dark brahmas??

I doubt it but you could go talk with them. How is your brooder set up?
He’s gone I think his legs went stiff and his eyes are glazed and half Closed. It’s routine pretty much the others are fine heat lamp, thermometer, chicks, feeder, and waterer, I clean every day with shavings in the bottom and they have a blankie in the corner that they snuggle with at night

He’s gone I think his legs went stiff and his eyes are glazed and half Closed. It’s routine pretty much the others are fine heat lamp, thermometer, chicks, feeder, and waterer, I clean every day with shavings in the bottom and they have a blankie in the corner that they snuggle with at night
I got mine from rural king and i did get 5 free ones because they sold me the wrong breed. They couldn't take the others back. I believe each manager can decide on what to do. You could tell them he was a failure to thrive and you would like a replacement. See how that works for you. All they can do is tell you no. Sorry for your loss. I am glad the rest are doing well.

wouid rural king give me another?
All you can do is ask. You can't tell what someone will do until you try.

i Don’t think it is everyone is saying its a failure to thrive chick
That's what it sounds like to me. Marek's doesn't hit that fast, it takes time for the lesions that cause the damage to grow.

the lifespan or health issues of the golden comet coz I heard they get bad reproductive tract issues.
Golden Comets are not a breed, it's a marketing name often used for some red sex links. If they are reddish you got a girl. If they are white/yellow you got a boy. There are two types of Golden Comets. Some are based on the commercial egg-laying hybrids. These are the ones with with the more likely health problems. Not guaranteed health problems but more likely. The other type are what you get when you cross two regular breeds, maybe a Buff Orpington or New Hampshire rooster over a Delaware, Light Sussex, or certain White Rock hens. There are a lot of other breeds you can use. These are no different from any other dual purpose chicken.

These different marketing names cause a lot of confusion and worry on here. You may think they are breeds but they are not. They can have different traits depending in who is using which marketing name. I agree with Mrs. K, enjoy them and give them a decent life. That's the best you can do. It's hard to do any better than your best.

I doubt it but you could go talk with them. How is your brooder set up?
All you can do is ask. You can't tell what someone will do until you try.

That's what it sounds like to me. Marek's doesn't hit that fast, it takes time for the lesions that cause the damage to grow.

Golden Comets are not a breed, it's a marketing name often used for some red sex links. If they are reddish you got a girl. If they are white/yellow you got a boy. There are two types of Golden Comets. Some are based on the commercial egg-laying hybrids. These are the ones with with the more likely health problems. Not guaranteed health problems but more likely. The other type are what you get when you cross two regular breeds, maybe a Buff Orpington or New Hampshire rooster over a Delaware, Light Sussex, or certain White Rock hens. There are a lot of other breeds you can use. These are no different from any other dual purpose chicken.

These different marketing names cause a lot of confusion and worry on here. You may think they are breeds but they are not. They can have different traits depending in who is using which marketing name. I agree with Mrs. K, enjoy them and give them a decent life. That's the best you can do. It's hard to do any better than your best.
Thanks so much and mine are kinda yellow with darker yellow stripes and but ones just light Yellow with some yellow on its back

I got mine from rural king and i did get 5 free ones because they sold me the wrong breed. They couldn't take the others back. I believe each manager can decide on what to do. You could tell them he was a failure to thrive and you would like a replacement. See how that works for you. All they can do is tell you no. Sorry for your loss. I am glad the rest are doing well.
Thanks so much they just had a 2 minute adventure in my driveway coz it’s super sunny. I just feel kinda bad coz theyre friend is gone

I have had several Isa Brown chickens over the years which are a red sex link like the Golden Comets. Sadly, they were highly prone to reproductive problems and most died around the age of 3 years old or younger. I did have one make it to 7 years old. They were wonderful, friendly chickens despite their short lifespan.

I currently have 4 Sapphire Gems that are 6 months old. They are sweet, friendly, lap chickens that enjoy human interaction.

Enjoy your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom