Golden Comets Vs. Red Star

FarmerBrowneggs

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
South Carolina
Got a question? The other day I spoke with the lady at McMurray Hatchery, and when I told her I was getting a couple of Golden Comets from a lady in N.C. she informed me that their Red Stars were the Golden Comets. Now I have read on other sites that the two are different, and some say they are the same. McMurray Hatchery says they are the same. Any thoughts on this?

JB
from SC

Red Stars, Golden Comets, Cinnaman Queens, etc. etc. are all the same birds: Gold Sex-Links.

Different hatcheries just have different names for them. Though sometimes they change the name depending on what breeds were involved to make them.

Right, red stars, golden comets, cinnamin queens, red sex-links, whatever you want to call them, they are all red sex-links. A rhode island red roo(you could use a new hampshire red or a production red) and a white hen is used to get all of these but every hatchery uses a different white hen. Thats why they all call them something different. The hen could be a white rock, rhode island white, white leghorn, delaware, or a silver laced wyandotte. You get the picture, red roo and white hen. Every hatchery makes a different cross to get the red sex links, thats why they all call them something different. They will all lay like crazy. You cant go wrong buying any of them. I ordered red stars from mcmurray back in october and they started laying a month ago. They lay an egg a day! I wish I had ordered 100 of them! I love them!

Not exactly the same, but most of the same traits/egg laying
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom