Golden Cuckoo Marans Eggs - WA State - The stories

This is such a great thread. I have learned a bunch about a new to me breed. When I find some space I think that I will just have to add this one in.

WOW! That roo is to die for!!
love.gif
th.gif

will you have eggs available in the future? how much a dozen if i come pick them up? haha.

PS: I'd love to help you hatch some too, I really only have room for a few but these are just gorgeous. Do you sell chicks yet? I'd even take the "unwanted" in a heart beat!!

Quote:
FYI - turns out that I got only the 2 pullets. 4 roos in the marans category.

Also, my surprise faverolle AND the only Ameraucana I got are both roos!

Oh, well. They are fun. The little roos fight a lot - it is so funny to watch them get their little hackles up and bump their chests together. Sometimes it is just a staring contest. SOOO funny!!

The Ameraucana roo is just as sweet as can be. We will definitely be keeping him.

Didn't want a faverolle roo, but they are so beautiful, we may keep him, too.

Does anyone think that having multiple roosters would reduce the aggression toward humans? Does that have any logic to it at all?

All of my GC eggs are in the bator cooking, along with the Giant Mystery eggs! I'm on the waiting to hatch list now too! Thank you so much! Such pretty birds, and congrats every one!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
sad.png
Kinda worried now this morning the one that had zipped stopped the Millie Fluer was still working on pippin looked like not enough humidity so I added a jar lid of warm water and misted the eggs the other pip was quite .
sad.png
roll.png
sad.png
Hope it was just resting
fl.gif
Is there anything else I should do or just keep the water level up in the bator ? I did not touch the eggs. at least that was when I left at 8:40 this morning I will have to ask DH to check
My last hatch I helped 3 hatch as they were zipped for over 24 hours working on it but had not gotten past it. But I only had 1/3 of them hatch. I think I opened the bator too much. Trying not to do that this time.
smack.gif
Any advise Please I really want these to hatch.

Just talked with Dh said the zip and the pip are still moving
th.gif

tongue.png
Karan
th.gif

Oh Here is an update :

So sorry I have been trying to figure this out. Last night the zipped one didn't make it
hit.gif
the pipped Millie Fluer is out, No other signs from the rest. I have PMed Don he thinks my Humidity maybe too high. I am going to wait a few more days and see if they hatch further
It is nothing to do with Don's Eggs they came in great condition, it is probly something I have or have not done as he suggested too high humidity.
We will just wait and see
fl.gif

Thanks Guys

Karan

fl.gif
I had to post here since this thread started the need. I finally managed to buy some GCM eggs - from Donna, and they got here today. Sadly a GCM broke in shipping, so badly I couldn't patch it. She also sent some lovely CB eggs and a wheaten as extras! Yay. I have loved marans since I saw the first CB. And then when I saw GCM I lost it totally. They go in tomorrow... deep breath. Here's hoping.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom