golden eggs at the end of the rainbow?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by vickibiro, Jul 19, 2010.

1. vickibiro

vickibiro Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2010
    LaGrange, Kentucky
    Most of you know my husband died on June 12 and I have been struggling since his death to complete this house. We are nearing the end, I think they will be in their new home by the weekend. Anyway, I looked outside after a storm tonight and check out what I saw

[​IMG]

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    How amazing! [​IMG]

3. kichohana

kichohana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Johnston County, NC
    Vickibiro:

I think he is certainly looking down on the coop you finished and blessing it with a rainbow - I do believe it's a double too!

What a beautiful picture to end my day with - thank you for sharing! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a poignant "sign" over your coop.
    I have never seen your coop before, nor anything remotely as spectacular a place for chickens to live! What a beautiful legacy and tribute to your husband for you to finish it- clearly a labor of love. Congratulations on your efforts, it is simply stunning.

5. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Amazing!! What a wonderful gift for you; he's definitely smiling down on you.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wow!

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

It *is* a double rainbow! Blessings and love!
    [​IMG]

8. pontoosuc

pontoosuc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Richmond, MA
    Thank you for taking the picture, and sharing with us. Your coop is beautiful and so peaceful!

9. ChixPix

ChixPix Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    What a beautiful coop! I'm sure your husband is very proud of you getting it all finished.

[​IMG]

10. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    I have been following your threads but haven't commented till now. As so many others have said, I'm deeply sorry to hear of you lose. Although I haven't lost a spouse I did loose my older brother and younger brother 18 months apart. We were all just over a year apart in age and very close. I do know this. As time passes the pain will ease and you will be left with all the great memories of him and those will my you smile. You and others who have helped have honored your husband by completing this coop and run and what a coop it is. Without a doubt the best looking design I have seen. The picture is truly amazing and I feel a sign that he is very proud of what you have accomplished.

Take care

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by