Golden Lace Polish

BellaBlueBell

Songster
Apr 4, 2020
Central PA
Anyone have these? What are they like?

What Color Are Golden Laced Polish Chicken Eggs - Nielsen Doccoakere

What Color Are Golden Laced Polish Chicken Eggs - Nielsen Doccoakere

I have a rooster Golden Laced and they are very sweet if you socialize with them. They run very fast!! ( I speak from experience!)

I have all polish and love them :love
BADE9D07-EE0B-4747-9C5F-481489D13CFB.jpeg

Yes they can be quirky birds to keep. Sometimes they can’t see due to the crest so can be skittish and sometimes get lost when free ranging. Also because of their fancy crests they can sometimes become a target for bullying and pecking from other birds. I’ve found mine to be super friendly though and can sit in the run with them and they are happy to lap sit with me. Also they are chatty little birds and can sometimes be quite noisy! :)

Do you ever trim the feathers around the eyes?

I planned on getting two golden laced today, but the farm sold out of them within a few hours. They still have buff laced, but those Goldens are stunners.

I have trimmed some of them before. Not all of them need to be done but some do benefit from it.

Ooh I like buff or chamois as they are called over here in the UK for me. I had 2 smooth hens and hatched 2 frizzled pullets from them but I sold them on and really regretted it afterwards.

Are you getting chicks?

Did it! One white crested blue polish and one buff laced polish. They are just a few days old and so very tiny. The farm started selling chicks yesterday afternoon and within three hours, sold out the golden laced, so, Plan B.

image_50459137.JPG

Back
Top Bottom