Golden sebright cockerel?

That's not a pure sebright. Sebrights are hen feathered, meaning that the roosters don't get the typical rooster feathers (pointed saddles and hackles, and the curved tail).
I had 2 other roos that didn't have quite the same feathers. My female looks very much like the one above. And all 3 were crowing with bright red combs by 8 weeks

Of course I got paranoid thinking it isn't well, so I brought it in for a full health check this evening. No mites. Plenty perky. All seems good, phew!

I took the opportunity to take some close ups. I calculated it is 2 days shy of 7 weeks old today.

20210624_200839.jpg
20210624_200838.jpg
20210624_200833.jpg
20210624_200832.jpg

If it is a girl then I'd better spend more time with her. I try not to get too attached to the boys because I rehome them.

Its a pullet. This is my sebright roo. And sebrights also crow earlier than the vigger breeds. I think all 3 of my sebright roos have crowed by 8 weeks.
That's not a pure sebright. Sebrights are hen feathered, meaning that the roosters don't get the typical rooster feathers (pointed saddles and hackles, and the curved tail).
@Homesteadermomma6382’s sebright is pure, he’s just hatchery quality. Not all hatchery sebrights get the hen-feathering gene, like not all hatchery wyandottes get the rose comb gene.

Of course I got paranoid thinking it isn't well, so I brought it in for a full health check this evening. No mites. Plenty perky. All seems good, phew!

I took the opportunity to take some close ups. I calculated it is 2 days shy of 7 weeks old today.

View attachment 2733631View attachment 2733633View attachment 2733635View attachment 2733636
If it is a girl then I'd better spend more time with her. I try not to get too attached to the boys because I rehome them.
Looks like a pullet

Back
Top Bottom