Golden Sebright X Cuckoo Maran OR Barred Rock

CluckyJay

Songster
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Crossville, Tennessee
Any idea what a golden roo sebright crossed with a bantam cuckoo maran would look like? The maran may be a mutt but for my mind's sake, well say she is pure, lol. It may also be a barred rock bantam. I am not sure, LOL.

BarredRockBantam5.jpg

BarredRockBantam.jpg

100_9103.jpg

Its probably a cross but we'll say it is pure cuckoo or barred rock, lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
seen how Extended Black(Cuckoo Maran) is Dominant over E^R(sebright) and how Columbian(Co) and DarkBrown(Db) Pg and Ml behave as Hypostatic genes in the pressence of Extended black, and how sex link barring turn a self black bird into a cuckoo........

I would say they will look mostly cuckoo with some ground color leakage due to heterozygosity of E/E^R and Co/co+ ad Db/db+ acting as a one homozygous columbian restrictor gene..

effectofCoOnE.jpg

taken from http://books.google.com/books?id=VMSF7m2CFTEC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA122#v=onepage&q=columbian&f=false

Last edited:
If the females are not barred, what will they be?

The males will look like the barred only with a dingy spilling of gold where the white is?
pop.gif

How does the beard come into play?

Quote:
well she could be hiding some other "e" allele under Extended Black allele(E), combine that with all of the genes the sebright has, it could be fun to see what hatches... I don't think she will be laying blue eggs. have she laid any yet..?

What has me confused is how tiny she is. Everything else I see with these breeds, they are larger than her. I wonder of she has a small game in her lines? He has those but she has the body type of the barred ones.
idunno.gif

He said they are around a year old. Honestly though, with as many chickens as he has and the fact they are his grandkids, they may be younger than that, lol.

Back
Top Bottom