Golden Sebrights

chickiebaby

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
western mass
I really like my friends' Sebrights. Tehy are bantys, and I've never kept any bantys, egg monsters that our family is.

My question: are Golden Sebright hens as perky and sweet and curious as their bantam cousins seem to be? Can people who know them wel tell me more?

Thanks!

D'oh! No wonder I couldnt' find anything about them! Thanks!

Though I would still love to know about others' experience of these charming, perky little birds? They kinda remind me of my hamburgs.

I have a pair of silver sebrights. The hen is very sweet. She eats from my hand and if I am sitting, she will jump up in my lap to see what I have. Unfortunately, she went broody about 3 weeks after she started to lay, so no more cute little eggs for a while. The rooster is the total opposite- he crows all the time- especially if you are outside trying to have a conversation. And he is always trying to attack the back of my legs- he stops as soon as I turn around. He is quite the irritating butthead! He jumps on the back of every hen that I have- there's no way he's going to get the job done with the large hens, but he never stops trying. He also beats up my muscovy duck. His nickname is Napoleon!

Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom