Golden Sexlink Roo?

Update on the Golden Sexlink - The more it grows the less it even looks like a sexlink. It's the little white fluff ball. The chicks it is next to are the wyandotte that is about a week older than it, and then the one on the right is the other Golden Sexlink that I bought at the same time as it. I expected a bit more of a roo look by a month old, but I'm not familiar with sexlinks. One of my friends suggested a kind of meat bird, but again - no idea. That sitting position is its favorite.
View attachment 1725528 View attachment 1725529 View attachment 1725530 View attachment 1725531 View attachment 1725532 View attachment 1725533 View attachment 1725534
Looks like an Amberlink in your first pics but so tiny here! They don't always keep their laying hybrids separate, I often see a bin of two or three different varieties of layer pullets. A meat bird would be growing faster, not slower.

If a meat bird, I definitely would have thought she'd be bigger. My little polish is almost as big as her. 5 weeks old is still kind of young but I've been had one like this. Every morning I'm surprised she's still alive. Not sure why that surprises me though. Side from her lack of growth and activity she's pretty normal. She's not very coordinated though. She never stretches her neck out, but I've felt it and it seems normal.

If a meat bird, I definitely would have thought she'd be bigger. My little polish is almost as big as her. 5 weeks old is still kind of young but I've been had one like this. Every morning I'm surprised she's still alive. Not sure why that surprises me though. Side from her lack of growth and activity she's pretty normal. She's not very coordinated though. She never stretches her neck out, but I've felt it and it seems normal.
Unfortunately, she may be a failure to thrive if they were similar in size at the start.

Back
Top Bottom