Golden Wyandotte Help (Pics wanted)

dg14

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 1, 2014
So i've got 2 golden wyandottes and i've been told countless times that the one i have suspected to be a rooster is in fact a hen. my question is, is it possible for a Hen to have a dominant apperence? that might not make it look like a rooster but is just dominant? which makes it look? i ask this knowing that my Barred rock in the same flock is top hen and shes a boss. shes very big and compact (Not obese obviously) but you know, just that big look to her.

So i've got 2 golden wyandottes and i've been told countless times that the one i have suspected to be a rooster is in fact a hen. my question is, is it possible for a Hen to have a dominant apperence? that might not make it look like a rooster but is just dominant? which makes it look? i ask this knowing that my Barred rock in the same flock is top hen and shes a boss. shes very big and compact (Not obese obviously) but you know, just that big look to her.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are describing in your GLW - so why not just take and post a current photo of the bird so we can see it?

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are describing in your GLW - so why not just take and post a current photo of the bird so we can see it?

X2 on that. Trying to ID a chicken without a photo is a lot like shooting in the dark. If you can get a photo posted, we'd be happy to take a look at your GLW. :eek:)

yeah there yall go. sorry 'bout that. i had to take that pic with my phone then send it over my phone. whew.

Awe okay :D thank you! whew. Shes just a very dominant chicken than i guess i have 6 chickens total the barred rock is top hen my buff orpinton bantam is 2nd and the 2 golden laced than the one blue laced. but yeah shes just always been very dominant i guess. hmm. well thank you! i've been so scared and just waiting to hear a crow i guess i never will lol yaaay!

Back
Top Bottom