Goldfish not acting right...

Quote:
There is this chemical called Tetra Pond Water Clarifier formally known as Aquarem. It would have cleared it up in 2 days. It takes care of the cloudiness but it doesn't solve the cause of it so you need to figure out what caused it in the first place. Also covering the tank up for 4 days with a blanket would kill the spores as well. No feeding the fish, no lifting the blanket up to check on them. Absolute darkness is needed. Both work very well.

41wButBdEGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quote:
There are instructions on the bottle to dose a smaller aquarium. Ive used it and we give out samples of it at the store for people with green water problems. It is perfectly fine to use and the stuff works.
It doesn't kill the algae spores, it makes it clump together for manual removal via a siphon.

I'll keep that in mind if it ever gets really green again. They just told me to turn the light off and wait a month to see if the algea died... it didnt. I think what caused it to get green in the first place was the floresent light, which I turned off now and its been fine.

Back
Top Bottom