Goldie’s Adopt-An-Egg HAL

I’m praying it’s eye heals too!

Yes, Kiki picked them out remember? It was going to be Willow if it was a girl and Sage if it was a boy.
Oh I didn’t remember, thanks.

According to @MysteryChicken ‘s wing sexing…. she should be a pullet so I’ll call her Willow until proved wrong. :)

Speaking about chicks, I've got 8 more peepers in the brooder. They were orphaned chicks a friend of my dad's gave us.
Looks like they're mostly cockerels unfortunately.

That's too bad. What breeds?
We were only given a vague list, it's not very clear.
The breeds they told us they have some Jersey Giants, Buff Orpingtons, & bantams.

I have no clue on breeds of Bantams, & other breed possibilites.

This chick is my favorite out of the bunch, & is raising more questions then answers. The coloration is Wheaten/Partridge split.
20220912_083059.jpg
looks to be feathering out with tight/hard feathers.
20220921_094206.jpg
Some updated pictures.
20220924_224402.jpg
20220924_224252.jpg
20220924_224238.jpg

Last edited:
We were only given a vague list, it's not very clear.
The breeds they told us they have some Jersey Giants, Buff Orpingtons, & bantams.

I have no clue on breeds of Bantams, & other breed possibilites.

This chick is my favorite out of the bunch, & is raising more questions then answers. The coloration is Wheaten/Partridge split.View attachment 3270830looks to be feathering out with tight/hard feathers.View attachment 3270832Some updated pictures.View attachment 3270840View attachment 3270841View attachment 3270842
They are adorable 🥰.

Great news, Pink!!

Willow is starting to open up her eye!!
It’s slowly healing and opening more and more. Today was the first time I noticed it was opening. During the day it was about half way open, and the eye looks like it was functioning fine!

B6785A64-6CDA-43FB-8A3B-12C187D24892.jpeg

This was taken at night.
Her eye was open more during the day.

Here eye is so much better today!! :woot
(photos)
Post in thread 'My Little Chick Survived A Hawk Attack'
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-survived-a-hawk-attack.1549728/post-26187513

Thank God. This is literally a miracle.

I have never heard of a chick surviving a hawk attack, with literally almost no injuries other than a scratch near the eye, which is almost healed up after a couple days. So rare.
She’s my miracle chick. 🤍

Back
Top Bottom