Good bye Mr. Roopert...

My poor Mr. Roopert, hes such a good boy but hes just getting way to rough with my hens
hit.gif

He needs a bigger flock I think but still, its so hard to actually come to the understanding that I have to say goodbye to my baby
sad.png

He was always so wonderful to his girls, protective and watchful.

And generous with sharing food...

And always took his medication like a champ
hit.gif

I just hope I can find him a good home where they wont stew pot him...Its not like hes a bad boy or anything, he's...well, hes the Ninja rapist. He likes to sit in the law hanging apple tree branches, wait for a girl to wander under him, leap out of the tree and then do his thing. hence the nickname Lol.
But...This has been such a hard decision :( and I know many of you like seeing him in the pictures.
Poor Mr. Roopert, he just needs more ladies! Keep your fingers crossed for him that he gets just that!!

Get more ladies for him to ninja rape... That has to be the funniest way I have ever heard anyone say that... I have 3 young studs, and I swear... that is going to be their new name!
Well he does! he climbs into the tee branches and will just wait. Then when a lady walks down under him he will leap out of the tree, pin her, do his thing, and then go right back up into it. So, hes the Ninja rapist XD
I had never seen anything like it before, and boy do i wish I could just get more hens, but I cant afford a bigger coop! T_T

Is the problem that he is tearing up your hens backs? If that's the case you could try using hen saddles to protect there backs.

No, its the chasing them down one by one and watching them flap away in distress until he gets them, and the ripping the feathers+skin out on the back of there necks.
He literally is to rough :(

You could try picking him up and carrying him around the yard in front of his girls? Sometimes that can take over confident rooster down a few notches.

I have pinned him, flipped him over onto his back and let the girls peck at him, I have flung my shoe at him *nailed him right in the butt* and I have chased him around the yard.
Someone mentioned that I should pick him up and swing him, but im not so sure I want to be that mean >.>

I have pinned him, flipped him over onto his back and let the girls peck at him, I have flung my shoe at him *nailed him right in the butt* and I have chased him around the yard.
Someone mentioned that I should pick him up and swing him, but im not so sure I want to be that mean >.>

Another tactic is to BE the Alpha roo. But it takes a LOT of time. Basically you chase him off when he tries to mount a hen. But just like a secondary roo, he'll try to get "his" when your back is turned. Can't put him in the coop when the girls are free ranging? At least they would get some time away from him.

Back
Top Bottom