Good bye my love.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by werttyy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. werttyy

werttyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Chicago
    My amazing silver laced wyandotte just passed away recently. She was very weak and I had no idea why. She is still lying motionless in the brooder with the other chicks. I just don't have the strength to go in. What am I supposed to do? Bury her? Throw her in the garbage? I've never lost any (extremely close to my heart) living thing in my life before. Please help.

2. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] I am sorry for your loss.

I have done both, burying chicks and chickens to throwing them in the garbage. Mainly just depends what season I am in.

3. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I have always buried past pets (except fish). I have buried my chickens that past away too.

If she was close to your heart, in my opinion, burring her (if possible) will probably be more "respectful/meaningful."

4. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Just curious... if you didn't bury your fish, what'd you do with them?

5. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    So sorry for your loss! [​IMG] I would bury her. You could wrap her in a special cloth if you want. It would be a good idea to bury it as deep as you can. A grave marker wouldn't hurt either. [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] Im so sorry-I lost two modern game birds that were my youngests pets-we loved them dearly!!! they are in the freezer until I can bury them with her:(

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I always bury all of my pets (including fish). IMO it is more respectful then throwing them in the garbage. I am so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Bury her in a flower garden-very deep so she won't be found. Sorry she is gone.

9. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    I'm sorry to hear about your chick. It is amazing how fast we get attached to them. I think if you can bury her it would be more meaningful for you to go through the process.

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    bury her, sorry for your loss [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by