Good deal for these breeds?

kidsnchicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Saw an add on CL, chickens for sale I read the list and saw I few I would like, are these good prices? There are day old to 4 week old Aracaunas and Silver Laced Wyndottes, $1 each and Red Blue Laced Wydottes $8 each, I think they are laying or about to be. There are many other breeds available but these are the ones I am interested in. Thank you

$1 is a good price for 0-4 week old chicks. It's certainly less than you'd pay at a hatchery or feed store for aracaunas or SLW. $8 is a good price for a pullet that is nearing point of lay, but if the oldest chicks are only 4 weeks they're still several months from their first egg. Personally I would be reluctant to pay $8 for a 0-4 week old chick unless they were from a serious top-notch breeder and I was really looking to show or breed quality birds, especially since at that age there's no guarantee that you won't get a rooster instead of a hen. $8 for a POL RLW pullet is another story, I'd be all over that deal!

Last edited:
I sell mine for 4 bucks a piece. I buy my chicks from MPC and sell the extras. I have no problem with that price and sell all of them in weeks. That is at about 4 weeks old. I have spent as much as 15 bucks a pop for hens at the point of lay....just something to compare.

The red blue laced are older than the 4 week olds, thats why they are $8. If I had more room Id be getting more than the 3 breeds I picked,lol. We already have RIRs and Buff Orps and Black Aust, they should start laying with in the next few weeks. Thank you and I will see what I come home with,lol!

Back
Top Bottom