Good First Horror Movie For My 11 Year Old

Quote:
my 16 year old wanted to watch it too! my husband has it on the list of movies on our xbox so i had him immediately move it to the password protected list of movies.

I've only seen bits and pieces of that movie and it disturbed me and I am hard to disturb!

Quote:
not really, i mean it has some pretty dirty parts but the underlying meaning makes sense..definitely not a kids movie though.
lol.png

When in doubt, go with a classic.

Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, the old black and white movies are a good start on becoming a horror junkie.

Or, if your child is more into comedic horror, try one of the Scyfy channel's monster of the week movies and have a good laugh together at the sheer cheesiness.

Or pick a 'horror' movie with deliberate comedic overtones. Army of Darkness is a good one.

Quote:

That movie scared the heck out of me as a kid. I slept with my closet light on for weeks after watching that.

Quote:
Malcolm McDowell is disturbing and just plain weird
gig.gif

have you ever seen Cat People where he wakes up after shredding the um... lady of the evening... and grabs a piece of her off of his stomach and eats it while grooming himself for the day?

Just thinking about that makes me shudder. eeeewwwwwwww!!!

meri

I think Sixth Sense is a good choice.....the grossest part of the movie is when the little girl pukes up green stuff. AND I love Bruce Willis.

Also... I would like to suggest a Stephen King....like IT! I saw that when I was around 10 or 11 and it scared the pants off me....I still freak out when I see a lone wandering balloon...lol! or Langoleers...(I don't know if I spelled it right) but that one was a little boring.

One more that just popped into my head, if you like science fiction, is Predator....not a horror film, but a little scary.

Little shop, little shop of horrors....boop de boop...little shop of horrors!

I would advise against "IT "by stephen king

I still won't walk near the sewer drains,LOL Totally super scary and i still have nightmares

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom