Good Morning all! I'm TheGlue, and I have a question for you...

TheGlue

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 12, 2010
Burien
Hey everybody,

We had been thinking of raising chickens for a while and so this year in April we bought some chicks. We then waited till September to make our coop (everybody says start now! Don't wait till September!) Guess we are just like a lot of others, we now can tell everyone from personal experience, Don't wait! The fall comes quickly, and school, and weather, and holidays, and, and, and.....

Anyways, My first post/question is...

We have a Barred Plymouth hen that seems to have prolapsed. There is a big ball hanging out (probably an egg) with it all and she is puking white fluid (the prognosis doesn't sound good). It looks like there might be a tear in it and all she does is stand and sleep. She's got to be in pain and is completely worn out. Don't know what to do and wish someone was local (Burien, Washington) that has some experience to help me out on this first issue (a difficult one at that).

Any advise is good advise....

Use the BYC "Search" option near the top of your screen for posts regarding prolapse. It would be faster than someone typing a detailed response to your question (of which I have no experience, so I can't help you either...) Hope all goes well.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So sorry about your hen. It doesn't sound good and she may need to be put out of her misery. Dealing with prolaspe is not an easy task. Like Buff Hooligans said, do the search to find the procedures. Good luck.
fl.gif

Hello from Tucson and
welcome-byc.gif
I hope your chicken is better. If you can't find the information you need, post your question over in the Emergencies section. Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif

nice to meet ya
wee.gif

grab a chair and enjoy
caf.gif

sorry to hear of your issues but like they said anything ya think of put in search...i am yet to come up with new problem and have gotten help with few things in the past

I'm 40 miles north of Seattle, but of no use to you.
sad.png

There is an avian hospital in Lake Stevens and (a better one) in old Bothell. Both will cost you a pretty penny though, and I don't know for sure if they do chickens.

Back
Top Bottom