Good Morning!!! From North Dakota

Moparman11883

Hatching
Apr 10, 2016
Good morning from North Dakota. i just got a straight run of 36 chicks from a local farm. They are a mixed breed of Turkens(only a handful), Leghorns, Americana. 35 of them are doing quite well, but I have one that isn't doing so well. It is chirping constantly, not eating or drinking. The chirping is weak and is more like a hiccup or heave. It seems it's crop is more swollen than it should for what it's been consuming. Thanks for any help you may be able to give at this time. I also have a post in the disease threads pending moderator approval with a video to show what it's up to.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful Learning Center
caf.gif

Congrads on your new flock
highfive.gif

I do not see any video of your chick so I can not help on that yet
hmm.png

I really can't make out anything from the video, the red lamp doesn't allow a good view of the chick. It seems like she is making noises because she can't stand up. IS that part of her problem.? Is she trying to vomit or something ?- I can't make that out on the video. She may have an impacted crop from eating something she couldn't handle. It's very difficult when you can't see what is actually going on. Computers have their limits. If chicks eat something other than their chick feed, they need to have grit to help them grind it up. Maybe she ate some sort of treat she couldn't manage.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry, i don't have any experience raising chicks, but i hope that the ER peeps will be able to help you further.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom