good quality white and partage silkies from hatcheries?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by XxB0rd3rsxX10, Aug 18, 2011.

1. XxB0rd3rsxX10

XxB0rd3rsxX10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    i want to buy some white or partage silkie chicks or eggs (dosent matter which one) but i dont know which hatcheries have good show quality silkies. i dont want any from a bad hatchery and get poor birds with small to no crest and little feathers on the toes. so does anyone know of a good hatchery or breeder with the two colors i want? is there anyone here who has show quality who is willing to ship? what about ideal or myers? does anyone have pics of silkies from thoes two hatcheries?

thanks

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    If you get silkies from a hatchery, no matter which one, they will not be show quality. If you want a good show silkie, buy from a breeder.

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Somewhere on Backyard Chickens, there is a thread where people are showing photos of their hatchery Silkies and their breeder silkies.

I can say, if you want a fluffy bird that looks like the ones you see on the Internet, you'd better find a good breeder and don't buy from a hatchery.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by