good show breed

miss heny

BYC Cryptid
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Louisville, Mississippi
i am looking to choose a good show breed XD i like the rare breeds, i want a non game breed, nothing to mean, what can you guys come up with? i want bantams XD

It depends on what exactly you are looking for in a bird. I myself would refer almost any feather footed breed as a good show bird. Most feather footed bantams are naturally docile, easy to handle and care for, and very popular, and are relatively easy to find. Not to mention that they are really cool looking. Cochins, Silkies, Brahmas, D'Uccles, Faverolles, Sultans, etc are all great choices.

~Casey

Mr. Ree :

It depends on what exactly you are looking for in a bird. I myself would refer almost any feather footed breed as a good show bird. Most feather footed bantams are naturally docile, easy to handle and care for, and very popular, and are relatively easy to find. Not to mention that they are really cool looking. Cochins, Silkies, Brahmas, D'Uccles, Faverolles, Sultans, etc are all great choices.

~Casey

I agree with Casey. Feather-foots are normally docile and easily handled, pretty easy show birds.

miss heny, also think of what breeds you personally like, that'll help you make a decision.​

thats exactly right Mr. Ree! I like my buckeyes because good meat birds, good layers , rare breed, heritage breed and I love their color
thats what I want in a breed what do you want? or just for show then do you like a certain color, muffed or bearded feather footed or clean legs its all up to what you like
good luck punky
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
here what i want

rare
doclie
great with kids
not mean XD
will not fly 40 ft JK
i would like a long tail, or feather legs, one of the 2

Quote:
here what i want

rare
doclie
great with kids
not mean XD
will not fly 40 ft JK
i would like a long tail, or feather legs, one of the 2

i do like the polish XD

All depends on the area you live and if you want competition.

Bantam cochins and anything in the feather leg class is TOUGH competition. Also tough around here is anything in the Single Comb class of bantams and Modern games.

featherlegged birds will demand lots of conditioning prior to show to remove any broken foot feathers. Clean legged and non crested birds are much easier to show. Any bird can be tamed, even game birds, depending on how much effort you put into it.

Back
Top Bottom