Good thing i dont sleep naked!

Heh
That's a lot of work to get a run!

psst- I probably would have done the same thing, nice touch about getting him in a milk crate. Every coop should have one?
lol.png

Well the run didnt get built over the weekend - but thats what i get for going out of town
wink.png

My silkie is doing ok, we ended up finding a small cut on her back, so she is still in the clinic (guest bathroom). I told her I know she has been traumatised, and its OK that she isnt putting out - eggs.

I keep slip on shoes at the back door now.

Oh, and I am too embarassed to tell where the opossum was set free (i wasn't involved) - ok....I will admit it -

The little guy was only released at the end of the street. And its not a very long street. So I plan to 'possum proof' the hen house immediately after work.

We rehomed a possum Friday that got in my trash can. It had been coming around for a while now and having it pinned up in the can, well, looked like a great opportunity for me to do it then. Put him up in some woods by a pond thats maybe 1/4 of a mile away. It was back last night eatting my cat's food. Well, its him or his brother. Next rehoming is far, far, away.....way up in the sky's of heaven. After hearing of your possum trying to make a meal of your chicks.....no way, not playing around being nice anymore.

Oh, sleeping necked....are 'yall crazy? Round hear I sleep with my clothes on...socks and all- with shoes and purse by my bed. So I get up running out the door to find a deal at a yard sale or our local open air market.

Chickie! Good point!! I am not sure if he was is up-to-date, however, I looked online for information to watch for until he finds out. Online it said that deeply cleaning the wounded site will drastically help prevent infection. I am already over-cautious with wounds (to prevent infections). His was not a puncture wound (easier to clean and less risk!) and I cleaned the wound thoroughly. I actually scraped the inside due to sand debris, cleaned it hydrogen peroxide initially, cleaned it with betadine after scraping and treated with neosporin. However, thanks to you (!!!), we will keep an eye out for any symptoms and he will find out if he is up-to-date! THANKS!!!
hugs.gif

I only sleep with the top; I ran outside Columbus weekend in the unseasonable snow, with no drawers on because Snarler the coon was rattling the latch and the girls were bawking like mad, and the the big light came on and put me on stage, and I thought "Man, I'm glad we've got lots of TREES!"

Back
Top Bottom