Goodbye to the girls ---update - - - home found

Daisygirl

Songster
10 Years
Nov 10, 2009
New Zealand
Three of them; Henrietta, Annie and Shirley, are going to a new home.

It's not going to happen immediately, but from this minute onwards I cannot really consider them to be my girls.

I know I wont see them again, ever, and probably wont hear about their antics.

I may be selfish by crying over the loss of three of my girls. I still have three left so whats there to be unhappy about? I think it's the fact that it has been me who raised them from dayolds to the beautiful girls they are now. I know whos fussy, whos gonna get strawberry all over her comb, and whos squawking in the morning.

Another thing Im upset about is what impact it will have on my other girls. Henrietta is the hed hen, so things are going to change. And two of them are really close, but keeping both of them is not an option.

I am sorry for this long rant. Many worse tragedies have happened in this online community, but this is the worst that has ever happened to me. I dont know where they're going, but theres some people in the family who are interested.

The coop is going to feel very empty without three of my babies.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

We have only a small amount of space in central city and mum says they need to go, so they go. We have room for three, so that is the limit. It has not been a problem before because the girls are only 14 weeks old. I am probably lucky that the idea of letting go of all 6 was not followed through. I am sorry for not clarifying, I am not thinking completely straight.

Let your mum know often, how much you appreciate your remaining three, too. Yes, it will change things for you and the girls but we are adaptable. Keep in mind that you are young yet and when you are off on your own, you have a plan...and will achieve that plan. I did. My mom hated animals. I wasn't allowed more than one parakeet for the longest time but was thankful for that. Then, she gave me a small aquarium for a birthday:) That didn't happen until I was twelve. I always told my mom that when I grew up and had my own house, I'd have one entire dresser with each drawer filled with material to sew as I pleased and I would have A N I M A L S, IN THE HOUSE. She'd humpf at me and say: And, I WON'T visit YOU! And that is how it has turned out, too. I have a very big green dresserful of material in the living room, cats everywhere, dogs on my bed rearranging it and birds in the yard. Mom won't come near the place but she's happy I have reached my goal. She complains the eggs I bring her are bigger than the can of tuna fish she opens for making sandwiches and they can't finish their lunch. As we grow in age and accomplish what we only dreamt of in the past, there are still bumps in the road and heartbreak. Hugs to you and your three remaining hens. I have a small Mille Fluer D'Uccle hen who loves not being with so many other hens, she thinks she's a parrot or parakeet. Possibly your three girls will also become more friendly with less competition for your attention:)

Thanks everyone for the sympathy its incredible how if I told my friends that I was loosing the hens they'd just go "SO?". But on here people understand, and for that I am really grateful.

snowydiamonds, thankyou so much for the advice, it has put things in perspective for me, as well as cheering me up (tuna can). I have no idea how life would be without my fish, cats and chickens, so I should consider myself incredibly lucky. I am upset now, but, as always, the mother has the correct initiative so things will most likely turn for the better.

I will update when the girls find a new home. They are only going to people I trust so this may take a while, so there will be time wiht them, even if the lawn suffers for it.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom