Goofy Standard/Banty?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Mar 17, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I need advice on this one. I have a cuckoo maran, Coco, who turns a month old today. When we got her we also got a late hatch maran who didn't make it. [​IMG] Since she was lonely we added 2 silkies a day after the little maran passed. Coco took the new babies and a sebright under her wing and the 4 became best buddies! They eat together, cuddles eachother, and get a long great. Here's my problem, I was planning on keeping the bantam is a seperate coop from my standard hens. (I have a few mean ones in there). I was planning on putting Coco in with the big girls, but now I feel bad seperating her from her brooder buddies. I have no idea what to do!! I should I seperate them or should Coco be the only standard in banty land? [​IMG]

Thanks for the help!!
    Sonja

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I see no harm in leaving her in there with the banty's unless she starts to pick on the lil ones.....

3. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:i agree with Debbie!! [​IMG]

4. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    I've had more problems with banties picking on the big ones !!![​IMG]

5. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try! I finishing up the coop now, so I guess that means I just need to add a larger next box. I was doing all of my measurements based on banties.

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by