If he has bathing water more than likely it's not mites. If the antibacterial spray is helping just keep that up. I was just wanting you to know both meds are the same.

If he has bathing water more than likely it's not mites. If the antibacterial spray is helping just keep that up. I was just wanting you to know both meds are the same.
What do u mean if he has bathing water? He's always had bathing water.. I mean, personally I didn't see any little crawlies on him when I shined a flashlight on him and night i nor my roomate had gotten any bites.. but idk.. the mite spray seems to be helping.
I also have blu-kote and an anti-bacterial poultry spray. As well as giving him some vitamin e with selenium goat paste, a liquid vitamin b complex everyday and some benadryl if it's possible a allergic reaction of some sort..

I've only used the blu-kote once so fsr juat on and around his balding spots.
And when he finally washed it off now after like 2 or 3 baths, I think I'll apply some more tonight.. cos it says the blu-kote can help treat ringworm. If it is ringworm by chance. Which idk how he would've gotten that either.. he doesn't lice with any other birds. And our yard is kept clean and is taken care of by landscapers every week or 2. And then when he's inside, the area he's allowed to be in is also kept clean and he has access to clean water all of the time.. so I really sont know HOW he could've gotten mites OR ringworm.. :'(

What do u mean if he has bathing water? He's always had bathing water.. I mean, personally I didn't see any little crawlies on him when I shined a flashlight on him and night i nor my roomate had gotten any bites.. but idk.. the mite spray seems to be helping.
I also have blu-kote and an anti-bacterial poultry spray. As well as giving him some vitamin e with selenium goat paste, a liquid vitamin b complex everyday and some benadryl if it's possible a allergic reaction of some sort..

I've only used the blu-kote once so fsr juat on and around his balding spots.
And when he finally washed it off now after like 2 or 3 baths, I think I'll apply some more tonight.. cos it says the blu-kote can help treat ringworm. If it is ringworm by chance. Which idk how he would've gotten that either.. he doesn't lice with any other birds. And our yard is kept clean and is taken care of by landscapers every week or 2. And then when he's inside, the area he's allowed to be in is also kept clean and he has access to clean water all of the time.. so I really sont know HOW he could've gotten mites OR ringworm.. :'(
But also. Thabk you fornletting me know the Teo antibiotics were the same. Unfortunately the one from chewy needs a prescription in order to buy... and my roomate is being weird about ordering the other one bc ut automatically filled in his card information even tho he doesn't allow that autofill setting. And..ugh he's just fuxking weird. And bizarre. And I honestly hate him. But he's helping me rn so idk. I can't complain. Hopefully I can convince him to just get the other anti-biotics..

I just meant if he has water to bathe in most likely it's not mites. My chickens had mites and my waterfowl who live in the same coop overnight hadn't any on them and I took that as they spend a lot of time in their pools. I think ring worm shows up with redness doesn't it? His skin looks good. If keeping him inside in coolness is helping watch and see how he is after 2-3 days. Maybe the heat has just been bothering him especially if your having extreme heat like a lot of the country has been having
It's good to have antibiotics on hand because we never know when we might need them.

I just meant if he has water to bathe in most likely it's not mites. My chickens had mites and my waterfowl who live in the same coop overnight hadn't any on them and I took that as they spend a lot of time in their pools. I think ring worm shows up with redness doesn't it? His skin looks good. If keeping him inside in coolness is helping watch and see how he is after 2-3 days. Maybe the heat has just been bothering him especially if your having extreme heat like a lot of the country has been having
It's good to have antibiotics on hand because we never know when we might need them.
That's so strange... idk what would've caused this then...? Like it doesn't seem like it's stress induced... since he's not seeming to impulsively pick st his feathers. And itsbonlymin one area. From the very top of his chest(like where the black in his neck meets the beige of his chest) to the top/crown of his head. And the only time he's preening/biting at those feathers is almost always accompanied by itching. Or it's like suddenly he gets irritated and angrily itches oe bites at a certain area.
Like as if something was biting him or irritating him. Idk.. :( and he's not eating his lost feathers either.. so idk if it's any kind of deficiency..

Ugh. Idk what could've happened.. and coconut oil didn't seem to soothe his skin either. If anything it seemed to make him want to preen bite and itch even more. And when he's in the bath tub, he seems like he doesn't want to get his head under water or wet... although just his last bath he did finally dunk his head completely under water for the first time in days. Which was good to see. His appetite is also back . He's eating regularly again.

I just have no idea what's going on with him.. :'((

Also, I agree. Having some anti biotic on hand is always a good idea

I looked up pictures of ringworm you might want to just to see what it looks like.

Also, have you thought of trying to contact a waterfowl rehabber and see if they can help?

I looked up pictures of ringworm you might want to just to see what it looks like.

Also, have you thought of trying to contact a waterfowl rehabber and see if they can help?
Can you send me some good pictures of ringworm that you may have found? When I looked up "ringworm on geese" I just got a lot of pics of like ducks with foamy eye or geese with other ailments.. idk why I can't seem to find a good picture depicting ringworm...

Also, that's a good idea. They shpuld be open today now that it's Monday. I'll try calling anf see if they have any ideas. Thabk you for the idea! ❤️

Can you send me some good pictures of ringworm that you may have found? When I looked up "ringworm on geese" I just got a lot of pics of like ducks with foamy eye or geese with other ailments.. idk why I can't seem to find a good picture depicting ringworm...

Also, that's a good idea. They shpuld be open today now that it's Monday. I'll try calling anf see if they have any ideas. Thabk you for the idea! ❤️
The pictures I saw were on himans but it showed redness on the skin which would mean ring worm.
here is more info
https://search.brave.com/search?q=Ringworm+in+poultry

Last edited:
The pictures I saw were on himans but it showed readness on the skin which would mean ring worm.
here is more info
https://search.brave.com/search?q=Ringworm+in+poultry
Yeah unfortunately I don't see any like.. scaley or white stuff or any "abnormal" looking skin.... it just looks like normal skin.. :'(
Idk what could be causing it. But Im Not ruling out ringworm until I complete a round of antibiotics for him..

Keep us updated on how he is doing once you start the antibiotic. And before too.

I was just remembering my son got into some poison ivy years ago and oh my he was covered. The only thing that really brought relief was the cool air he would stand outside because it was cold and that cold air helped. Evidently, your seeing similar with your goose your cool air inside is bringing some relief.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom