Keep us updated on how he is doing once you start the antibiotic. And before too.

I was just remembering my son got into some poison ivy years ago and oh my he was covered. The only thing that really brought relief was the cool air he would stand outside because it was cold and that cold air helped. Evidently, your seeing similar with your goose your cool air inside is bringing some relief.
I will!!!

And hmm.. unfortunately there's no poison ivy on our property.. so sadly its not something simple like that 😔

No I didn't mean that was it but evidently, cold/cool air helps soothe itchy skin.

How is he today?
He's still not great... which is boggling my mind. I tried to take him outside a little bit yesterday to see if he'd graze some grass since he wouldn't eat anything other than his mealworms..
He grazed for all of like.. 2 minutes. And then stood in one spot and like preened or bit or itched. I also gave him a bath in water and about 2 and a half quarts of diluted neem oil. Because we do have gnats. And my one friend who has taken care of geese for YEARS, in Florida, told me gnats may very well be the issue as they can bite and cause skin irritations. And neem oil is apparently super helpful in getting rid of them. So I not only sprayed him, but then gave him a bath to make sure he got it all over him. And sprayed the house and garbage where the gnats like to hang out...
It seems to of had absolutely zero help. In fact he seems to be itching and preening even more lately.

he had a small rally where he ate for an entire almost 2 days, didnt itch much. Slept. And now hes standing in one sppt for HOURS. And just wont stop itching and preening and biting. No like... new balding spots..but i did start to see a few feathers from his chest area on the ground. Like 3 or 4 of them. So whatever is bothering him seems to be moving. And hes biting around his legs now as well.
Today I managed to pick some grass, bring it inside and get him to eat a handful or two of grass. He ate his meal worms covered in vitamin b complex. And the meal worms I put in his regular feed bowl. As it's the only thing he will seem to eat.. he's also not drinking much water. I don't know what to do...
I'm like.. at a total loss.. Ive been like. Sobbing. Because idk how to help him. And every effort I've had seems for nothing.. im so concerned for him..

What state are you in? have you looked for a waterfowl rehabbers. Maybe something internal is bothering him and it is showing up as itching on the outside.

Is a vet an option? Poor thing can't go the rest of his life like this he needs help.

Back
Top Bottom