Goose egg not hatching!!

lorriejd

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Punta Gorda FL.
I have two SEBASTOPOL GOOSE eggs that are now33 days old. I have not turned them since the 27 day, The humity is at 65 and the temp at 99.5. Do they move at all before hatching? I read that you should be able to hear them in the egg is that true? I have not opened the incubator since day 27. Im thinking that they may of died, I have seen no movement at all. When do you think I should give up? Thank you for your time.

I did candle them on day 27. I dont have the best candler. I did not see any movement, it was all dark with an air sack. On the 20th day I seen movement.

If you are for sure at day 33, and you are confident with the temps- then they are likely dead/infertile. Candle them again before giving up. If your candler is poor, try to borrow a good one- or make one at home- get a strong flashlight (maglights are great), tape a toilet paper tube to the end and tape off all light leaks except where the light comes out the end. If the goose eggs are close to hatch and still alive- you will see movement at the zone between the airsac and the chick- oop I mean gosling.
If you don't see movement, try taping gently and turn the egg over- candle again- if no movement, you can probably give up. If you have a strong stomach- open the eggs from the air sac, you may get clues as to why they did not hatch.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom